ChartTrader button obscures price markers  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RichardTodd

ChartTrader button obscures price markers

Postby RichardTodd » 21 Aug 2012

When price gets high on the y-axis, the price markers are hidden by the chart trader button. This means I have to manually adjust the scale to see the current price. (See attached picture, where there is no marker or countdown timer when price is high)

Is there a way to resolve this? If not, perhaps in a future release allow the price markers to draw over the button unless the mouse is near it? Or maybe some other solution is possible?
Attachments
markerGone.png
(10.71 KiB) Downloaded 330 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: ChartTrader button obscures price markers

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Aug 2012

It was diesigned this way, so when the price marker reaches Chart Trading Panel button on the Y-price scale, it is hidden behind the button. Unfortunanetely as a consequence, it leads to the same bahavior even if the Chart Trading Panel is opened.

The only workaround i can think of is to keep the price always in centre of the Y-price scale: Format Instruments -> Scaling -> Center Last Price.

You can leave us a feature request to change the behavior, so other memebers can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm

RichardTodd

Re: ChartTrader button obscures price markers  [SOLVED]

Postby RichardTodd » 21 Aug 2012

Another workaround is to put an indicator panel ("show at top") at the top of the chart. I chose Custom 1 line set to 0, just to take up the space. This way, I can always see the price marker and countdown timer. It gives up a little screen space, but not as much as I'd give up by centering my last price.

Or maybe I'll just keep adjusting the scale manually when price is at the top. Thanks for the help!

Return to “MultiCharts”