Macd BB Indicator

nsymms

Macd BB Indicator

Postby nsymms » 31 Aug 2012

My take on the typical Macd BB indicator with influence from FatTails' version. Note that the dot colors are hard-coded. This can easily be changed to be an input selection, but I don't need it.

It could be much better, but this is really all I needed for what I use it for.

Neal

Attachments
nfsMacdBB.pln
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 1387 times

prby78

Re: Macd BB Indicator

Postby prby78 » 25 Sep 2012

I really liked this, very helpful. But then I installed MC Net64 8.1 Beta 1 and it no longer compiles.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2012

In MultiCharts .Net 8.1 part of simple functions was moved into VariableSeries – a series variable that keeps all of its previous values. it as an improvement and a way to simplify the work with types and calculations.

Modified code is attached.
Attachments
nfsMacdBB_MC_8.1.pln
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 1197 times

mohi4u

Postby mohi4u » 05 Oct 2012

In MultiCharts .Net 8.1 part of simple functions was moved into VariableSeries – a series variable that keeps all of its previous values. it as an improvement and a way to simplify the work with types and calculations.

Modified code is attached.
Hello Henry,

Below is the error message with the modified code, when it is imported through PowerLanguage NET editor "'PowerLanguage.VariableSeries<double>' does not contain a definition for 'Average' and no extension method 'Average' accepting a first argument of type 'PowerLanguage.VariableSeries<double>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) "nfsMacdBB" [Indicator] Ln 69
"

Can u kindly correct the code in this indicator?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2012

Hello Henry,

Below is the error message with the modified code, when it is imported through PowerLanguage NET editor "'PowerLanguage.VariableSeries<double>' does not contain a definition for 'Average' and no extension method 'Average' accepting a first argument of type 'PowerLanguage.VariableSeries<double>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) "nfsMacdBB" [Indicator] Ln 69
"

Can u kindly correct the code in this indicator?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi
Code from post #1 works with MC .Net 8.0 only
Code from post #3 works with MC .Net 8.1 only

According to your error message - you are trying to import the code for MC .Net 8.1 into MC .Net 8.0

mohi4u

Postby mohi4u » 08 Oct 2012

Code from post #1 works with MC .Net 8.0 only
Code from post #3 works with MC .Net 8.1 only

Thanks Henry for the update.
I have 2 questions and would appreciate your answers.

1- If the indicator's script for MC Net 8.0 and MC Net 8.1 is different, then in that scenario, if I have my own custom MC Net 8.0 indicator, is there any manual or PDF file, to help me determine, what are the modifications I need to do to the custom MC Net 8.0 indicator script, to make it compatible for the MC Net 8.1 version?
2- How can I find the difference in the reversed words and programming syntax changes from the earlier MC versions, to the latest MC version (if there exists any)?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Oct 2012

Thanks Henry for the update.
I have 2 questions and would appreciate your answers.

1- If the indicator's script for MC Net 8.0 and MC Net 8.1 is different, then in that scenario, if I have my own custom MC Net 8.0 indicator, is there any manual or PDF file, to help me determine, what are the modifications I need to do to the custom MC Net 8.0 indicator script, to make it compatible for the MC Net 8.1 version?
2- How can I find the difference in the reversed words and programming syntax changes from the earlier MC versions, to the latest MC version (if there exists any)?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi
Hello Mohi,

1) There is no such manual.
2) If the code cannot be compiled with one of the functions then (most probably) this function was replaced with Variable Object.

mohi4u

Postby mohi4u » 10 Oct 2012

Thanks Henry for the update

socaltrader

Postby socaltrader » 28 Aug 2019

may you please make this available for regular MultiCharts?

Return to “User Contributed Studies”