Interactive Brokers Linked Accounts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eztraderjr

Interactive Brokers Linked Accounts

Postby eztraderjr » 09 Sep 2012

I have 2 accounts with IB and have them linked. This is not the same as a financial advisor or friends and family account. It consists of one login ID which then allows trading of the 2 accounts based on a drop down window in TWS. I can trade directly from MC and am able to select which account to trade. I run into issues, however, with the Order and Position Tracker. I can see all of my orders under the Orders tab and I know that MC is receiving data through the API from IB because the filled price is visible on the screen for opened and closed orders. The Profile, Account, Source, etc are working properly in this Orders tab. The Logs tab also works. Unfortunately, no other tab works at all. I would like to be able to see my open positions, but the profile drop down window only has all and does not have IB as a possibility. Same with Account and Instrument. Again, I know that there is 2 way communication because trades executed through MC appear in TWS and the filled amount is passed back to MC and visible in the Orders tab.

Perhaps I just need to tweak my configuration, but I have tried many options. If anyone has had this issue with a Linked Account, please let me know.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Interactive Brokers Linked Accounts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 10 Sep 2012

Could you provide a couple of screenshots demonstrating what exactly is not displayed in MultiCharts (comparing to IB TWS) if Linked Accounts are used?
What is the build of MultiCharts (Help -> About MultiCharts)?

eztraderjr

Postby eztraderjr » 10 Sep 2012

I have attached two images from the Order and Position Tracker Window. The first shows some orders that I placed through Multicharts. IB also passed back the filled amount, so I know that IB can communicate with Multicharts.

The second tab is the open positions window. I have open positions but they are not showing. In this tab, the Profile, Account and Instrument drop down boxes do not have any of my IB account information. In the Orders tab, these drop down boxes do have information: the Profile shows IB, the Account drop down can list either of my accounts or all.

So I know that Multicharts has 2 way communication with IB; however, it is not working with the open positions.

My build is 5622 and is the 64 bit version.
Attachments
Open positions.JPG
(69.86 KiB) Downloaded 1603 times
Orders.JPG
Orders Placed
(92.33 KiB) Downloaded 1595 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 15 Oct 2012

I have discussed Linked Accounts with our developers and they informed that at the moment this account type is not fully supported. Regular accounts under same login or accounts separated into 2 different logins will work. I'll let you know if there is any improvements of this situation.

paulc

Postby paulc » 15 Oct 2012

am now trying to close my linked account with IB but so far they are telling me the linked accounts will remain but that the linked account will just be in a closed status. this does not therefore sound as if it will work either.

am trying to get ib to reverse the linked account structure.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 16 Oct 2012

Multiple customers contacted our helpdesk with regards to Linked Accounts from IB and as far as i know, some of them were able to get the accounts "unlinked". Not sure how it works on IB end, but they separated accounts either into 2 separate accounts under 1 login or into 2 separate accounts under 2 separate logins.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Interactive Brokers Linked Accounts  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Oct 2012

Support for IB Separate Trading Limit, Linked, Proprietary Trading Group Accounts will be available in the next version of MultiCharts that is expected later this fall.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 07 Jan 2013

Hi.

IB is now requiring all accounts owned by the same person to be linked (e.g. a "trading" account and an IRA account).

Does MC 8.5 Beta2 address the need for full functionality trading of linked IB accounts?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 08 Jan 2013

Hi.

IB is now requiring all accounts owned by the same person to be linked (e.g. a "trading" account and an IRA account).

Does MC 8.5 Beta2 address the need for full functionality trading of linked IB accounts?
Hello MC_Prog,

Thank you for the information. IB Linked Acccounts are fully supported since MultiChart 8.5 Beta 2.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 08 Jan 2013

IB Linked Acccounts are fully supported since MultiChart 8.5 Beta 2.
That's good to hear! Thanks.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 08 Jan 2013

Was this one of the improvements noted on the MC 8.5 Beta2 description page, or was it a "behind the scenes" enhancement?

Also, users, is anyone using this already on their IB linked accounts?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Jan 2013

MC_Prog, it looks like support for IB Separate Trading Limit, Linked, Proprietary Trading Group Accounts was not mentioned in the blog.

!!! If your accounts are still scrolling in TWS - please follow the attached guide !!!
Attachments
TWS.doc
(53.5 KiB) Downloaded 380 times

Return to “MultiCharts”