How to reset Data Source?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ericvp

How to reset Data Source?

Postby ericvp » 13 Sep 2012

Hi,

I've been working with offline historical data, which I imported via the ASCII import capabilities. Somehow in that process, I've disabled MultiCharts' willingness to pull data from my broker, IB. This worked fine for me in the past. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what I did to break this, but perhaps it is better to ask how to start over.

How do I get Quote Manager to pull data from IB in the manner it did the first time I used it?

Thanks,
Eric

Background info:

(1) Quote Manager does seem to be able to connect to IB, but not pull data. For example, I can successfully add a new symbol, whose attributes are pulled from IB (and I see that communication reflected in the Quote Manger Event Log). But that symbol does not have any data associated with it -- I see none from within Quote Manager when I try Edit Data or Export Data features; and I see "No Data" reflected in a MultiCharts Chart or Scanner window when I enter that newly created instrument.
In other words, everything works just like in the instructional video below UNTIL the 3:45 point in the video, where instead of getting data in a chart, I get "No Data".
Interactive Brokers data feed and broker setup
https://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/

(2) I've tried all the data source settings for IB in Quote Manger.

(3) I've tried deleting my IB broker profile, and creating a new one.

(4) I've started from the beginning, following the Wiki guidelines, in the link below, but when I then try to enter an instrument in a chart or in a scanner, I get a "No Data" message on the chart or scanner row.
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ve_Brokers

(5) Within Quote Manager, if I select an existing symbol, and use the Edit Data capability, data will load only up until a couple of weeks ago (about the time I started using the ASCII data import) -- there is no data fro the most recent couple of weeks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to reset Data Source?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Sep 2012

Ericvp, in Multicharts please go to File tab->Preferences->Data server mode
Make sure you are in online mode, "download missing historical data" is enabled

ericvp

Re: How to reset Data Source?

Postby ericvp » 13 Sep 2012

Perfect. That fixed the problem.

Thanks,
Eric

Return to “MultiCharts”