Macro button  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
plaforte

Macro button

Postby plaforte » 17 Sep 2012

Hello, in my trading I use W.D Gann's squaring technique of my charts and for that I use the "Movement Size" setting for the Price scale and the Bars Spacing Pixels for the Time. I sometimes switch to automatic scaling with a "Reset Scales" hotkey and I change the bars spacing.

Is there any way that I could program a hotkey or Macro Button to reset to my Gann's setting without having to redo it manually ?

From my investigation I have not found explanation if such a thing can be done.

This is the best software I have seen for multi time frames trading, the tracking is awesome and the replay so useful. I am now converting all my charts from TS workspaces to MC.

Thank you
Pierre

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Macro button

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Sep 2012

Hello Pierre,

There is no such feature at the moment. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

arjfca

Re: Macro button  [SOLVED]

Postby arjfca » 17 Sep 2012

Hello, in my trading I use W.D Gann's squaring technique of my charts and for that I use the "Movement Size" setting for the Price scale and the Bars Spacing Pixels for the Time. I sometimes switch to automatic scaling with a "Reset Scales" hotkey and I change the bars spacing.

Is there any way that I could program a hotkey or Macro Button to reset to my Gann's setting without having to redo it manually ?

From my investigation I have not found explanation if such a thing can be done.

This is the best software I have seen for multi time frames trading, the tracking is awesome and the replay so useful. I am now converting all my charts from TS workspaces to MC.

Thank you
Pierre
Hello / Bonjour Pierre

That could probably being done using AutoHotKey. This is a free utility that could be use to code such tool. Few years ago, I did wrote code to capture text in charts, place it in the clipboard then send Excel commeand key to have it read.

Google AutoHotKey. The forum there was really helpful.

Also, there is a special keyboard that I plan to buy one day from Cedeq Industries. http://www.cedeq.com/ that could be programmed with all short cut or button that you want. I had been in touch with the developer and he told me that all key could be coded using AutoHotKey. Since my actual plan is to start making money from the market, I have stopped all new development to put all my concentration time in trading

Good luck

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”