order status "sumbitted" and "sent"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
justmake

order status "sumbitted" and "sent"

Postby justmake » 17 Sep 2012

Hello,

I have several stop orders working at the same strategy at the same time.
The stop loss order shows "submitted" and "GTC" in position tracker window.
but the trailing stop order shows "sent" and "TIF unspecified"

I checked the broker (FXCM), both orders are in place at the broker. It doesn't seem there is any different status between those two.
I don't understand what is the difference between "submitted" and "sent"?
also what is "TIF unspecified"

Does those have real impact on trading?

thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: order status "sumbitted" and "sent"

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Sep 2012

Hello Justmake,

In order to investigate the issue please provide additional information:
1) What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
2) MultiCharts logs after reproducing the issue (if you have not restarted the platform. Logs from the previous run are erased when you start MC).
In MultiCharts 8.0 Release go to Help->Feedback->Send logs. Please let me know that you have uploaded the logs.
If your MC version is lower than MC 8.0 Release Candidate please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs
3) In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel.
Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send it to me for analysis.
4) Please highlight the problem orders in the OPT export files.

You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the issue remotely. We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”