Multicharts Userid is different after each Windows Installat

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mohi4u

Multicharts Userid is different after each Windows Installat

Postby mohi4u » 24 Sep 2012

Hello,

I am owner of lifetime licenses of Multicharts and Multicharts NET software.

Please note that previously when I installed Multicharts on my computer, my Multicharts userid was 2126781361. Then my computer crashed and I reinstalled Windows OS, then I installed Multicharts again and saw that my Multicharts userid this time was 2047843329.
After few months, I again reinstalled Windows OS and then installed Multicharts and saw that my Multicharts userid was 4143486205.

This is the most strangest thing I have ever experienced with any software. Kindly note that NT provides a machine ID for a computer, which never changes, even after several Windows Installs and subsequent several NT reinstalls. Based on the above, below are my 2 queries

1- Is this a normal behaviour of Multicharts that whenever a new version of Windows is installed, the userid of Multicharts becomes different?
2- I have purchased several add-ons for Multicharts. Due to change in Multicharts userid each time the Windows OS is reinstalled, should I give the add-ons companies such as (JanArp, Decision bar, Jurik Research), my Multicharts (License Info) which is the registration code for license of 3rd party add-ons OR should I give the 3rd party vendors such as JanArp my Userid for Licensing?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

TJ

Re: Multicharts Userid is different after each Windows Insta

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2012

mohi4u

Postby mohi4u » 25 Sep 2012

Hello TJ,

Please note that the Multicharts userid changes every time a Windows OS is reinstalled & subsequent multicharts reinstallation. This is not a hardware change.

To test the above, today I installed Windows OS and then Multicharts 8 64 bit. Then I got a Multicharts userid and I noted it down. Then I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows OS and then reinstalled Multicharts 8 64 bit again, and this time I got another Multicharts userid.

Kindly note this is not a hardware change and Multicharts generating new userid does not make any sense, INSTEAD of generating the same machine id like NT does. Based on this, I have the following 3 queries, seen below.

1- How can I get the GETUserid?
2- Also, how can I provide the GETUserid to Multicharts 3 party add-on companies?
3- As per the EULA agreement, can I provide my license info (registration no) to Multicharts 3 party add-on companies, to get the 3rd party purchased add-ons work on Multicharts?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Sep 2012

Hello mohi4u,

MultiCharts UserID is a footprint of your hardware and software setup. Significant software changes (such as Windows Service Pack or reinstalling Windows) may result in your user ID change.
It's best to use the newly created "getusername". It tracks the license name instead of the UserID, and since that can only be used by that user and on one computer at a time, it's best to use for developers.

mohi4u

Postby mohi4u » 25 Sep 2012

Hello mohi4u,

MultiCharts UserID is a footprint of your hardware and software setup. Significant software changes (such as Windows Service Pack or reinstalling Windows) may result in your user ID change.
Thanks Henry for the kind update. One question,

If Multicharts UserID changes due to significant software changes such as Windows Service Pack install or reinstall of Windows, then what is the purpose of this User ID?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

Return to “MultiCharts”