Multicharts 8 64 bit -> Easy Language Indicators conversion

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mohi4u

Multicharts 8 64 bit -> Easy Language Indicators conversion

Postby mohi4u » 10 Oct 2012

Hello,

I have used TS platform for nearly 8 years and have created several indicators and strategies in Easy Language.

I would like to port all the Easy Language programmed indicators into Multicharts 8 64 bit. Based on this, I have the following 2 queries.

1.What is the process of converting Easy Language programmed indicators into Multicharts 8 64 bit?
2.Is there any Easy Language converter available in Multicharts 8 to convert Easylanguage programs into PowerLanguage, like wave59 platform offers a easy language converter to their wave59 language QScript?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

ABC

Re: Multicharts 8 64 bit -> Easy Language Indicators convers

Postby ABC » 10 Oct 2012

Mohi,

usually it works as easy as export the ELD from TS and import it directly into PL Editor. Unless you have used OOEL (the object oriented easy language addition that was introduced some time around TS 9) in your ELDs chances are that you have to do only minor or no changes at all in the code.

Regards,
ABC

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Multicharts 8 64 bit -> Easy Language Indicators convers

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 10 Oct 2012

PowerLanguage that is used in MultiCharts is 99% compatible with EasyLanguage you have been using for long time. The only limitation: MultiCharts does not support objective-oriented EasyLanguage (from latest TS versions).
The procedure of convesion is pretty simple, though there is no software to make it automated:
1. Export all your scripts from TS to a file (note that protected studies from TS cannot be imported in MultiCharts).
2. Import the file with script in MultiCharts PowerLanguage Editor. Instruction can be found here.
3. If your TS script for a reason cannot be compiled successfully and you are not able to resolve it, please me know.
* Note: If a script uses an external .dll file, this file must be recompiled into the 64 bit one, otherwise the script won't be able to use in MultiCharts 64 bit.

Return to “MultiCharts”