Forex Strategy Setting  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
StefanoSF

Forex Strategy Setting  [SOLVED]

Postby StefanoSF » 12 Oct 2012

I've set up the Automated Strategy Properties to trade 1 standard EUR.USD lot with Fixed Shares/Contracts set to 100,000 value. The order goes through to my IB Simulated account correctly at $100,000. The problem is that MC 8 64bit thinks I'm trading 100,000 lots resulting in my Strategy Position being out of synch with broker. See Forex Open PL screen shot.

The only solution I have found is change QM Big Point Value from 100,000 to "1". This solves the the MC Lot problem and Order Tracker is synched correctly.

My question is: rather then have Share/Contract set to 100,000 value, is there a way to have this setting recognize lot size for recombination by both MC and broker?
Attachments
Strategy_Settings.PNG
(29.93 KiB) Downloaded 1140 times
QM_Settings.PNG
(17.21 KiB) Downloaded 1141 times
Forex _Open_PL.PNG
(14.45 KiB) Downloaded 1131 times

imoneyfish

Re: Forex Strategy Setting

Postby imoneyfish » 13 Oct 2012

That's should not happened. don't change the big point value. and contracts use 100,000 shares for 1 standard lot. and add singal !From Broker to Stratergy MP Sync.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 15 Oct 2012

My question is: rather then have Share/Contract set to 100,000 value, is there a way to have this setting recognize lot size for recombination by both MC and broker?
MC cannot recognize whether a broker works with lots or a broker works with number of contracts. That's why if a broker works with actual number of contracts, it is mentioned in the description of the broker profile.
Big Point Value cannot affect the number of contracts/lots you buy/sell when you trade with your broker, but this value affects calculations within MultiCharts, such as calculations for Strategy Performance Report. So if broker requires actual number of contracts, the BPV should be "1", if broker works with lots, the BPV should be equal to number of contracts representing the lot size (to see correct values in report).
...and add singal !From Broker to Stratergy MP Sync.
Not sure i understand what is the goal to have one of prebuilt synchronizers to be applied in this case.

StefanoSF

Postby StefanoSF » 15 Oct 2012

Yup, IB uses # of contracts not lots; "For FOREX trade size should be equal to the amount of units, not trade lots." So BPV is 100,0000 for one lot. Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”