Issues with setting a stoploss  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
ClarkFX

Issues with setting a stoploss

Postby ClarkFX » 14 Oct 2012

When I set a stoploss to a position I use the method invocation GenerateStopLoss(SL);

This expression does not contain the current price of the instrument. Is there a way to update the stoploss by using the current price?

For example, it should be something like this: UpdateStopLoss(CurrentPrice - NumberOfPips) for a long position.

Another question is that the expression GenerateStopLoss(SL) does not associate the stoploss with a specific position when multiple positions are open.

If there are two or more open positions, will the GenerateStopLoss(SL) expression affect all the open positions? Is there a way to modify only one of them?

Many thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Issues with setting a stoploss  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Oct 2012

When I set a stoploss to a position I use the method invocation GenerateStopLoss(SL);
This expression does not contain the current price of the instrument. Is there a way to update the stoploss by using the current price?
For example, it should be something like this: UpdateStopLoss(CurrentPrice - NumberOfPips) for a long position.
Hello ClarkFX,

You need to emulate the stoploss by sending the stop order with the price you need. This order can be replaced and modified.
Another question is that the expression GenerateStopLoss(SL) does not associate the stoploss with a specific position when multiple positions are open.
If there are two or more open positions, will the GenerateStopLoss(SL) expression affect all the open positions? Is there a way to modify only one of them?
Many thanks.
You need to use ExitFromEntry orders.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”