Multicharts - Custom Indicators and STRATEGIES  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mohi4u

Multicharts - Custom Indicators and STRATEGIES

Postby mohi4u » 15 Oct 2012

Hello,

I have 5 below queries for Multicharts 8 and Multicharts Net.

1- How do I delete my own custom indicator or strategy in Multicharts 8 and MC Net versions? (I could not find that option in Power Editor).

2- I have IQFeed datafeed connected to Multicharts. With IQFeed, I can download 120 days of tick data after market hours. I have Multicharts installed on 2 computers, even though I connect only one at a time. My query is as follows.
Once I download 120 days of tick data for any instrument on my home computer, how can I export this data into another computer in my office, where I have Multicharts installed?
(In this way, I will not have download 120 days of tick data again and again on 2 different computers).

3- I own Multicharts and Multicharts NET versions. My query is do these 2 different products provided by Multicharts (if installed on same computer) use the same database or 2 different databases?
If I download 120 days of tick data with IQFeed into Multicharts 8, will I have to download 120 days of tick data once again, for Multicharts NET on the same computer.

4- What is the location of the MC Database on Windows 7 OS, where the tick data for several instruments is downloaded?

5- NT has a Strategy Analyzer, where I can edit and create new strategies on NT provided indicators.
I there anything like Strategy Analyzer in Multicharts, to create my own custom strategies, on Multicharts provided indicators?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

TJ

Re: Multicharts - Custom Indicators and STRATEGIES

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2012

mohi4u wrote:Hello,

1- How do I delete my own custom indicator or strategy in Multicharts 8 and MC Net versions? (I could not find that option in Power Editor).

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

From PowerLanguage Editor,

File > Open

simply highlight the indicator and press delete.
These users thanked the author TJ for the post:
mohi4u

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2012

2- I have IQFeed datafeed connected to Multicharts. With IQFeed, I can download 120 days of tick data after market hours. I have Multicharts installed on 2 computers, even though I connect only one at a time. My query is as follows.
Once I download 120 days of tick data for any instrument on my home computer, how can I export this data into another computer in my office, where I have Multicharts installed?
(In this way, I will not have download 120 days of tick data again and again on 2 different computers).
4- What is the location of the MC Database on Windows 7 OS, where the tick data for several instruments is downloaded?
Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

You can do a back up and restore:

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... _User_Data
mohi4u

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2012

3- I own Multicharts and Multicharts NET versions. My query is do these 2 different products provided by Multicharts (if installed on same computer) use the same database or 2 different databases?
If I download 120 days of tick data with IQFeed into Multicharts 8, will I have to download 120 days of tick data once again, for Multicharts NET on the same computer.
Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

The 2 programs operate independently; they use their own database.

The database format is the same, you can copy the database from one file directory to the other.
mohi4u

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2012

5- NT has a Strategy Analyzer, where I can edit and create new strategies on NT provided indicators.
I there anything like Strategy Analyzer in Multicharts, to create my own custom strategies, on Multicharts provided indicators?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

There is no Strategy Analyzer in MultiCharts.

You can submit a request here:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
mohi4u

mohi4u

Postby mohi4u » 15 Oct 2012

Thank you very much TJ, for your prompt response.
Do we have a PDF manual for the below commands AND all the other commands of Multicharts?

Example: Restoring User Data

For Windows Vista or Windows 7, paste the following command: %allusersprofile%\TS Support\MultiCharts ;
For Windows XP paste the following command: %allusersprofile%\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts
Press Enter.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

TJ

Re: Multicharts - Custom Indicators and STRATEGIES  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2012

mohi4u wrote:Thank you very much TJ, for your prompt response.
Do we have a PDF manual for the below commands AND all the other commands of Multicharts?

Example: Restoring User Data

For Windows Vista or Windows 7, paste the following command: %allusersprofile%\TS Support\MultiCharts ;
For Windows XP paste the following command: %allusersprofile%\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts
Press Enter.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohi

You can find most of the answers inside Wiki:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... /Main_Page

For the example above, please follow steps 1 to 3 under Restoring User Data.
mohi4u

Return to “MultiCharts”