Help for Newbie to MC.....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
stilli

Help for Newbie to MC.....

Postby stilli » 27 Oct 2012

Hi everyone, hope someone here has the time to answer my questions.

I am not new to trading or to charting applications but I am not a programmer and am new to Multi Charts.

Currently I am considering using MC with the LMAX platform and have been playing with the MC chart package.

The first problem I encountered was the lack of a Pivot Point indicator similar to those found on the other charts that I am familiar with (eg, IG Index, TS and eSignal) where within one indicator I can configure it to show either daily, weekly or monthly pivot points together with S&R and mid points on any chart regardless of timeframe. As Pivots are a universally used indicator I am very surprized that they are not provided along with the other default indicators.

The next problem I encountered was when I tried to research and find out how to add this indicator without costing me a lot of money and being able to try before buying. This forum has not really been a lot of help to me, which may be because I am not looking in the right place and is due to the fact that I do not understand all the jargon which makes it appear in my eyes for programmers only.

I would be most grateful for some direction to help my understanding regarding MC generally and finding the indicator that I want to use. Although I am not a programmer as such I have a little very basic experience from many years ago with Visual basic and html and am not averse to learning if the curve/timescale is not too steep/long but haven't a clue where to start learning enough to become part of this community, I really want to get on with my trading and not have too much hassle getting things setup. Please do not misunderstand me, I am not a cheapskate expecting custom indicators for nothing but do not have very deep pockets and would expect the common pivot to be part of the package and not an expensive accessory.

Alternatively if someone could point me towards a Pivot Indicator that does what I want (described above) that would be even more helpful right now, then I can get back to trading:-)

TJ

Re: Help for Newbie to MC.....

Postby TJ » 27 Oct 2012

Hi everyone, hope someone here has the time to answer my questions.

I am not new to trading or to charting applications but I am not a programmer and am new to Multi Charts.

Currently I am considering using MC with the LMAX platform and have been playing with the MC chart package.

The first problem I encountered was the lack of a Pivot Point indicator similar to those found on the other charts that I am familiar with (eg, IG Index, TS and eSignal) where within one indicator I can configure it to show either daily, weekly or monthly pivot points together with S&R and mid points on any chart regardless of timeframe. As Pivots are a universally used indicator I am very surprized that they are not provided along with the other default indicators.

The next problem I encountered was when I tried to research and find out how to add this indicator without costing me a lot of money and being able to try before buying. This forum has not really been a lot of help to me, which may be because I am not looking in the right place and is due to the fact that I do not understand all the jargon which makes it appear in my eyes for programmers only.

I would be most grateful for some direction to help my understanding regarding MC generally and finding the indicator that I want to use. Although I am not a programmer as such I have a little very basic experience from many years ago with Visual basic and html and am not averse to learning if the curve/timescale is not too steep/long but haven't a clue where to start learning enough to become part of this community, I really want to get on with my trading and not have too much hassle getting things setup. Please do not misunderstand me, I am not a cheapskate expecting custom indicators for nothing but do not have very deep pockets and would expect the common pivot to be part of the package and not an expensive accessory.

Alternatively if someone could point me towards a Pivot Indicator that does what I want (described above) that would be even more helpful right now, then I can get back to trading:-)
Welcome to the World of Self-Help Analysis.
EasyLanguage is designed for non-programmers, the English-like syntax is easy to learn. If you have done Visual Basic, you should be able to adapt to EasyLanguage with little effort.

Here's a bunch of pivot indicators for you to explore:
http://www.tradersxchange.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Have fun.

stilli

Postby stilli » 27 Oct 2012

Thank you TJ, for your very helpful reply. 9For some reason the "Thanks" button did not work for me.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 03 Nov 2012

Thank you TJ, for your very helpful reply. 9For some reason the "Thanks" button did not work for me.
Welcome aboard stilli.

Thanks button does not work either for me for user "TJ" only. He probably receive to many thanks and is counter overflowl. Reload your page "F5" and your thanks will appear.

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”