2 problems with indicators  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
whitefox

2 problems with indicators

Postby whitefox » 21 Nov 2012

1. Multiple indicators seem to have problems when I displace them into the future. For instance, with both a SMA(3) and EMA(3), if I displace the average forward, with a value of say -4, I get "Message: Error in study "Mov Avg Exponetial": : Trying access at data to future. Bars reference value: -4." I also get this problem with a custom Ichimoku cloud indicator.

2. I have two custom indicators (ichimoku and one other) that basically draw a line on the main chart. But when I move around the chart, or increase the bar spacing, the line doesn't stay in the same place. For instance, it may be above the price at bar X, but scroll up (up arrow) and the price and other indicators move up, but my line stays in the same place.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: 2 problems with indicators  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Nov 2012

Hello whitefox,

1) Right click on the chart->Format window->X-time scale->"Chart shift" in bars should be equal or +1 higher than the displace you are using for indicator.
2) Right click on the chart->Format Indicators->Format->Scaling->select "Same as instrument".
Right click on the price scale of the chart -> Select the instrument, not the study.
Attachments
11382.png
(39.95 KiB) Downloaded 340 times

Return to “MultiCharts”