DOM generates many messages in QM

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

DOM generates many messages in QM

Postby Fabrice » 23 Nov 2012

Is there a way to stop the DOM to send every 10 seconds a message in QM (see c_Pict1) ? The events log becomes unreadable.
Regards.
Attachments
c_Pict1.png
(112.56 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: DOM generates many messages in QM

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 23 Nov 2012

Hello Fabrice,

We will analyze the situation and see how we can optimize it. The thing is that when there is no subscription to level 2 DOM data for an instrument, in case of IB the best bid/ask is shown in DOM, but it constantly trying to request level 2 data.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 18 Mar 2014

Hello,

I still have this problem but now it is even worse.

The log of QM is still drowned under these messages. But now I have a strong belief that it hangs MC (well in fact MC.Net). I have experienced several freezing of the main window when I let opened the DOM all day long. When I do not use it (chart trading only), there is no more freezing. This is a real issue. Imagine having opened a position, a few moments after MC freezes. I don't want to trade in theses conditions (by the way this 1 situation where the MTPR might not record the exit done by TWS…)

So please add an option in the DOM to only display the 1st ask / bid line (because I will not pay for the level 2- I don't use it).

Best regards.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 18 Mar 2014

The log of QM is still drowned under these messages. But now I have a strong belief that it hangs MC (well in fact MC.Net). I have experienced several freezing of the main window when I let opened the DOM all day long.
Please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely in order to study the issue when it happened and help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html
So please add an option in the DOM to only display the 1st ask / bid line (because I will not pay for the level 2- I don't use it).
Please leave us such feature request.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 19 Mar 2014

Please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST)
Thank you, I will soon propose you a time.
Please leave us such feature request.
I will fill your "Feature request" form. But this is not a feature request. Feature request let us think that I ask for something new to add to the product, and this is not the case at all. The case is that I cannot use properly the DOM, and this is not my fault. This has to be called a "request to correct a misconceived/implemented feature right from the start". It is not very difficult to imagine that not all MC users pay for the level II book, so it is so obvious that trading with the DOM does not imply at all that the level II is available. And that should simply be in the code.

Sorry to say that, but I am getting really tired of this "feature request" term for simply designate something that you have not made/thought correctly from scratch. Were you a car maker/dealer in UK and Malaysia, I would not be surprised that you would ask people to make a "feature request" to have the wheeling drive on the right, and not on the left side, as you would have most probably put it…

I have been complaining about this problem for more than 1 and 1/2 year ago. Have you done something ? No. Have you wonder how I have a traded during this time ? Not more. But, hopefully, I have traded. Do you think it has been with MC ? And if it is not, who's responsible ?… I have left this issue running in time for 2 reasons. The 1st is because flooding QM log does not prevent me from trading (if we can solve the freezing issue it is ok - but technically still unsatisfying). The other reason was to see if you would care to correct this problem by yourself. I have let you the time to do it (18 months). Still at square 1.

I can understand that you have your own objectives and priorities, the 1st one being to keep MC alive, and - I hope - possibly to make it the #1 platform in this range of price. For example, even if I don't use Volume Profile, I think it is very good to have implemented it natively in MC, because it is in the mood. I must also admit that you have done big improvements towards discretionary traders, the way stop loss and profits were managed previously when we were adding to a position has hopefully be changed and now it is a pleasure to use the DOM, chart trading and even the Order and Position Tracker Window to cancel/update a running order. MC.Net is also a great step forward, because personally I have always hated EasyLanguage and .Net technology can hardly be avoided today in MS environment. But you must also understand that when something is badly implemented, you should take care about it. And if you look at all my requests, you will probably see that most of the time, it is because something already implemented is not doing its job properly.

Best regards.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Mar 2014

Fabrice,

If there is no feature request in Project Management, where you describe any desired alteration of current expected behavior, we cannot guarantee it will be considered for implementation in a future version of MC.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 19 Mar 2014

Return to “MultiCharts”