What am I doing wrong here?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
reticent67

What am I doing wrong here?

Postby reticent67 » 24 Nov 2012

I'm trying to code the William Blau version of the Double Stochastics indicator. I've coded it in NT, ToS and PowerLanguage. In all cases the values are consistent.

However when I code it in MC.Net using the exact same logic and calculations, I'm getting wildly different values. At first I thought it might be the way the bars are calculated or maybe the way the EMA is calculated, but it seems to be only on this particular indicator. Everything else I have tested across all other platforms seems to coincide.

I'm not a programmer so the likelihood I've made a coding error is very high, but it seems it should work as expected. If someone with more experience than me could take a look at it and point out my errors, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Attachments
DoubleStochastics_Blau.pln
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: What am I doing wrong here?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2012

Hello reticent67,

Please provide the exact code that works ok in MultiCharts but does not work correct in MultiCharts .Net.
What results do you expect and what results do you have? Please specify the exact issue and provide screenshots demonstrating it.

Attach the following information for analysis:
- workspace you are using
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument.
- in Power Language editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the study you are using
If you are unable to attach it to the forum post-please send it to my email (support@multicharts.com)

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”