backtesting tool

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
daykoku

backtesting tool

Postby daykoku » 27 Nov 2012

Hi community,

I need pro station who Multichart. I have only two requirement. Need multinstrument historical tester and forex spot instrument.

Its posible with multicharts???

regards, d

Henry MultiСharts

Re: backtesting tool

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Nov 2012

Hi community,
I need pro station who Multichart. I have only two requirement. Need multinstrument historical tester and forex spot instrument.
Its posible with multicharts???
regards, d
Hello daykoku,

1) That is possible to backtest multiple isntruments at the same time: Understanding Portfolio Backtesting
That is also possible to reference multiple data series to generate orders on one data series. Here's how to.

2) There are multiple supported datafeeds that provide Forex data: MCFX (FXCM data from our servers), Dukascopy, eSignal, IQFeed, Interactive Brokers, IWBank, LMAX, MB Trading, OEC, TS.
Please refer to the Supported Datafeeds web page for more information.

daykoku

Postby daykoku » 28 Nov 2012

Thanks, but this was not exactly the information he sought. Sorry for my English.

We need to transform our Eas to the language supported by the platform, I have understood that you can program. NET and C #, is this correct?

We also need to use their historical test module to use multi-instrument and assess whether the conversion can be useful for us to transfer our accounts in the future.

Another question is about the historical data, you can use your historical test module for CSV files or need to use their servers?

I await your response.

Best regards. d

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Nov 2012

I have understood that you can program. NET and C #, is this correct?
Currently we have two versions of MultiCharts with different programming languages:
MultiCharts that supports EasyLanguage/PowerLanguage.
MultiCharts .Net with C#/Visual Basic .Net.
We also need to use their historical test module to use multi-instrument and assess whether the conversion can be useful for us to transfer our accounts in the future.
What exact test module you are referring to?
Another question is about the historical data, you can use your historical test module for CSV files or need to use their servers?
You can use your CSV data for backtesting. You can also get the data from one of the supported data feeds.

daykoku

Postby daykoku » 28 Nov 2012

Ok,

But Can I tested pair trading??? My Ea read and execute simultanoesly some instruments.

d.

edit: Can i see piece of code in C# or example please? i can´t get it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Nov 2012

But Can I tested pair trading???
That is possible to do Pair Trading backtesting in Portfolio Backtester.
Your trading strategy can reference up to four other instruments in order to make a trading decision on any one tradable symbol. Please refer to the attached picture as a sample.

Pair Trading in Backtesting using Global Variables is described at this page.
Can i see piece of code in C# or example please? i can´t get it.
You can find C# examples of code in our MultiCharts .NET forum for example here and here. You can also install a trial version of MultiCharts .NET on your PC and access the source code of the prebuilt studies.
Attachments
PB_Pair_Trading.png
(23.21 KiB) Downloaded 411 times

Return to “MultiCharts”