Can Drawings appear on more than 1 chart?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
whitefox

Can Drawings appear on more than 1 chart?

Postby whitefox » 07 Dec 2012

Is it possible to have Drawings on one chart appear on another? Basically, I'm marking up support and resistance on one chart and would like it to appear on other charts in the same workspace and instrument. I thought perhaps this would work if i linked the charts but it doesn't seem to.

thanks

arjfca

Re: Can Drawings appear on more than 1 chart?

Postby arjfca » 07 Dec 2012

Is it possible to have Drawings on one chart appear on another? Basically, I'm marking up support and resistance on one chart and would like it to appear on other charts in the same workspace and instrument. I thought perhaps this would work if i linked the charts but it doesn't seem to.

thanks
No can't do it. You could request it in Project management

You can do it indirectly using Global Variable. I have never done it. Look on Marktplex.com
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... 2V5dbr4Pbw. I think there is a tutorial

Good luck

Martin

Laurentius

Re: Can Drawings appear on more than 1 chart?

Postby Laurentius » 07 Dec 2012

thanks
Hello Whitefox,

There are many of us that wish for this kind of feature in MC.

You can vote for the pm request regarding the feature here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-138

Laurentius

TJ

Re: Can Drawings appear on more than 1 chart?  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 09 Mar 2013

thanks
An indicator can draw on 2 panes -- the main chart as well as the subchart it resides on.

There is no provision to draw on more than one subchart, or on a different chart.

To have the same drawings on a different charts, you can write indicators that use GlobalVariable to transfer drawing coordinates from one chart to another.

Return to “MultiCharts”