Problem reading function from DLL

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SysInv

Problem reading function from DLL

Postby SysInv » 10 Dec 2012

I'm trying to access a DLL from Multicharts but get the problem that it can't find the function. I've tried creating a DEF file, and also using __declspec(dllexport) for newer compilers. MC finds the DLL but not the file.

Does PLKit.dll have to be imported, even if I only use a simple function? I'm getting problems compiling with it's references even though the proper .Net is installed.

TJ

Re: Problem reading function from DLL

Postby TJ » 10 Dec 2012

SysInv wrote:I'm trying to access a DLL from Multicharts but get the problem that it can't find the function. I've tried creating a DEF file, and also using __declspec(dllexport) for newer compilers. MC finds the DLL but not the file.

Does PLKit.dll have to be imported, even if I only use a simple function? I'm getting problems compiling with it's references even though the proper .Net is installed.

Your answer might be here:
[Advanced Topic] Programming DLL
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8498

SysInv

Thanks, I've read that post multiple time and searched the forum as well. It seems like the problem is a mangled function name so I need to sort that out first.

SysInv

It was a mangled name issue, so it's working properly now (for any other reading the thread, you don't need PLKit.dll unless you want to use MC specific references)
These users thanked the author SysInv for the post:
furytrader

Return to “MultiCharts”