session time off

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
scarecrow

session time off

Postby scarecrow » 17 Dec 2012

It seems as though RTH is off when i adjust for local time PST.
but if i use exchange time its correct.
I can get around it by using a custom session template but i don't think i should have to.
Am i missing something??? my computer time and zone is correct and in line with MC. It's just MC sessions thats off.
MC 8.5 beta
Attachments
time on.PNG
(132.37 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
time off.PNG
(117.92 KiB) Downloaded 471 times

TJ

Re: session time off

Postby TJ » 17 Dec 2012

I can get around it by using a custom session template but i don't think i should have to.
Am i missing something??? my computer time and zone is correct and in line with MC. It's just MC sessions thats off.
MC 8.5 beta
I do not quite understand what is your problem.

What is your local time?
What is your computer time?
Where is the exchange you want to trade in?
What is that you want to achieve?
What would you like to show on your chart? Your local time? or the exchange's time?

When you say "It's just MC sessions thats off", what do you mean by "off"? Can you describe the discrepancy? You have scripted some notes on the charts, what do they mean? Which is the correct time that you want? If not shown, what should it be?
You have to be more precise in your description.

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Dec 2012

post #4 might help

[FAQ] Sessions
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6845

scarecrow

Postby scarecrow » 17 Dec 2012

Sorry for not being more descriptive. I will try and hit your key points.

Im in California, my time is Pacific standard time(PST). UTC-8/UTC-7
My computer time is PST
I Trade mostly exchange NYSE(US Stocks) Regular trading hours (RTH) 9:30a.m.- 4:00p.m. Eastern standard Time (EST)UTC-5/-UTC-4 .
I would like to be able to switch time Zones from exchange to local and back, if needed, using Format Instrument window without the discrepancy.
The discrepancy I tried to illustrate in the pics is that EST(Exchange time) was correct on my charts. But My time/local (PST) was off by an hour. West coast USA, that is on (PST), should read 6:30a.m. open and 1p.m. close, Regular Trading Hours(RTH) NYSE(US stocks). Not 730am/2pm

It could be because it doesn't account for local Daylight savings??? but not sure.

This May all be moot as I will probably just change my entire computer and all my indicators/strategies over to exchange time for continuity.... :/

MC 8.5 beta
I do not quite understand what is your problem.

What is your local time?
What is your computer time?
Where is the exchange you want to trade in?
What is that you want to achieve?
What would you like to show on your chart? Your local time? or the exchange's time?

When you say "It's just MC sessions thats off", what do you mean by "off"? Can you describe the discrepancy? You have scripted some notes on the charts, what do they mean? Which is the correct time that you want? If not shown, what should it be?
You have to be more precise in your description.

TJ

Postby TJ » 18 Dec 2012

Sorry for not being more descriptive. I will try and hit your key points.

Im in California, my time is Pacific standard time(PST). UTC-8/UTC-7
My computer time is PST
I Trade mostly exchange NYSE(US Stocks) Regular trading hours (RTH) 9:30a.m.- 4:00p.m. Eastern standard Time (EST)UTC-5/-UTC-4 .
I would like to be able to switch time Zones from exchange to local and back, if needed, using Format Instrument window without the discrepancy.
The discrepancy I tried to illustrate in the pics is that EST(Exchange time) was correct on my charts. But My time/local (PST) was off by an hour. West coast USA, that is on (PST), should read 6:30a.m. open and 1p.m. close, Regular Trading Hours(RTH) NYSE(US stocks). Not 730am/2pm

It could be because it doesn't account for local Daylight savings??? but not sure.

This May all be moot as I will probably just change my entire computer and all my indicators/strategies over to exchange time for continuity.... :/
Thanks for your description.

The daylight saving time is set in your computer, not in MultiCharts.

Please check under "Regional Settings" in your Window's Control Panel.

scarecrow

Postby scarecrow » 18 Dec 2012

It was just a quick guess that it "could" be a daylight savings issue...

My computer takes daylight savings into account and shows the correct time.

As illustrated before, MC times are correct (or off by the correct amount) with my computer when sessions are using exchange time (EST). MC session times are not congruent when switched to local time.

TJ

Postby TJ » 18 Dec 2012

As illustrated before, MC times are correct (or off by the correct amount) with my computer when sessions are using exchange time (EST). MC session times are not congruent when switched to local time.
There must be a small setting that is out of place.
I would suggest an online hook up with the tech support; they can check your computer and your settings in real time.

scarecrow

Postby scarecrow » 18 Dec 2012

It's not the time itself, but the session start and end times that are off. surely my computer is not telling MC when the NYSE exchange regular trading hours are beginning and ending. 630am on my computer is 630am on mc. However 630am (PST) is the time the NYSE(RTH) opens here in California... according to MC, on my machine, it's 730am???

Thanks for all your help TJ. I think I'm going to use exchange time anyway. however, i believe this is not an issue with my computer and should probably be looked at within MC.
I still haven't givin up on the idea that I'm just missing something simple.. lol. :)

There must be a small setting that is out of place.
I would suggest an online hook up with the tech support; they can check your computer and your settings in real time.

Return to “MultiCharts”