Disconnect Safety

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

Disconnect Safety

Postby MAtricks » 14 Jan 2013

What are the safety precautions to take with Multicharts disconnecting while auto-trading?

Last week I noticed the instrument data was going up on my work computer (server near broker - tested internet right away), but my trade computer the data and p/l were not moving. Low and behold, I took a fairly nasty loss because of this loss of connection. Today, the luckily the market moved in my favor, but I had the same kind of data disconnect. I've been monitoring the internet connection at my server and there was no disconnection.

Is there something available to create some kind of safety net for these disconnections?

TJ

Re: Disconnect Safety

Postby TJ » 14 Jan 2013

What are the safety precautions to take with Multicharts disconnecting while auto-trading?

Last week I noticed the instrument data was going up on my work computer (server near broker - tested internet right away), but my trade computer the data and p/l were not moving. Low and behold, I took a fairly nasty loss because of this loss of connection. Today, the luckily the market moved in my favor, but I had the same kind of data disconnect. I've been monitoring the internet connection at my server and there was no disconnection.

Is there something available to create some kind of safety net for these disconnections?
see post #9
[FAQ] Autotrade Lost Connection
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10811

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 14 Jan 2013

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed this post that you've linked: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11715

I was hoping for something that would notify me a bit more than a window on my screen. Is there a way to link this alert to a text message or a special kaboom :) sound on my computer?

TJ

Postby TJ » 14 Jan 2013

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed this post that you've linked: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11715

I was hoping for something that would notify me a bit more than a window on my screen. Is there a way to link this alert to a text message or a special kaboom :) sound on my computer?
You can always write an indicator to send yourself an email, sms, or make a loud kaboom.

Return to “MultiCharts”