MC Utilities

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Zoli

MC Utilities

Postby Zoli » 16 Jan 2013

Hi,

I think it is not a bad idea (actually a very good one) to have at the download section some useful utilities for both regular and .NET MC such as backup for performance reports, broker configuration, workspaces, quote manager symbols (and any other files that don't jump in mind atm) that would be required to have MC set up fast in case of a new OS install or SSD/HDD failure.
Backup can be done on another user specified drive or cloud storage folder.
I am not thinking of a complete MC backup/restore, I am suggesting only the important files to be overwritten after a new (clean) MC install as well.

Probably any programmer could make an application himself to back up MC files, I am personally using old-fashioned batch files but I would be happy to have a nice and tidy application.

I did not make a feature request as I don't consider this being a feature subject to vote but more of a very helpful utility for both experienced PC users and simply just traders that don't have advanced PC operating skills.

Am looking forward for your input,
Zoli

P.S. - programmers can have a laugh at the attached screenshot :P
Attachments
mc_backup.png
(175.94 KiB) Downloaded 614 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC Utilities

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jan 2013

Hello Zoli,

That is a great idea. One click Backup and One click Restore feature request has been already created in our Project Management section. You can vote for it.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”