Invisible work-a-like for "DrwTrendLine"?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
authentic_albertan

Invisible work-a-like for "DrwTrendLine"?

Postby authentic_albertan » 21 Jan 2013

I have cloned Trendlines_Automatic and modified it (slightly) to would as signal. It basically works in the when plotting on an interactive (graphic) instrument analysis window.

However, I would like to use it in Portfolio Backtester, with no graphic. When I try, it comes up "invalid pointer", I assume because I do not have a graphic window defined. Is it possible (for you) to create a work-a-like of DrwTendline (presumable a 'trendLine' class with no drawing, uh, attachements) with no window required?

I guess I could create a clone of that as well. ;) But it seems like I just need an interface that does not include the drawing attachments.

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Invisible work-a-like for "DrwTrendLine"?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jan 2013

Hello authentic_albertan,

You can limit your code to plot drawings only when it is applied to the chart with the help of IApplicationInfo.ApplicationCode Property

authentic_albertan

Postby authentic_albertan » 24 Jan 2013

Henry --

Thanks for your help and guidance.

I am still not 100% sure that my problem is solved. I think I can only check IApplicationInfo.ApplicationCode.Optomising to check to see if I am in non-interactive mode at the time. I cannot make it not need a interactive window with that property (I think...). (IApplicationInfo.ApplicationCode.Optomising only has a get method -- is that what you are referring to?)

I think I still need to implement the core function of a trendline (and re-implement trendlines automatic) to make this work in optomiser.

Not the end of the world, I just thought there might be an easier way.

Thanks for your help and this piece of software is pretty amazing, btw.

....Chris

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jan 2013

Hello Chris,

Please attach the signal code and the workspace you are using.
Also attach the screenshot demonstrating the error message and detailed description of what you do and expect to receive.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”