Minor problem with Profit/Loss

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Zoli

Minor problem with Profit/Loss

Postby Zoli » 23 Jan 2013

Hi,

I have encountered a minor problem. I will explain in example
If I open a sell position on EUR/USD at 1.3350 and attach a Profit Target of 200 ticks it would set it to 1.3330 which is correct. Later I decide a good target is 1.3250 and I drag the Profit Target there. That buy limit order (Profit Target) gets cancelled once I close down MC for any reason. When I launch the platform again the EUR/USD trades at 1.3280, the order is not there, so I decide to add Profit Target again, it opens the window that asks to confirm the default 200 ticks target. I click ok and my trade gets closed.

What I am trying to say is that it would not hurt to add a warning message when we add an exit strategy to a distance in ticks or percentage that has been already met as it would close out the trade immediately without warning.

I have read a request somewhere on the forum and voted for that Feature Request as well to add to Amount of Profit/Loss Price as well and not just Ticks or Percentage.
The above example is strongly suggesting that such a feature is needed.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Minor problem with Profit/Loss

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jan 2013

Hello Zoli,

Currently (in MC 8.5 beta 2) manual exits in OCO group are cancelled when you disconnect the broker profile.

In MC 8.5 Release manual exit order would no longer be cancelled when disconnecting broker profile if it's the only one in its emulated OCO group. This pertains to brokers that don't support OCO, so it has to be emulated locally in MC (for ex. LMAX).
What I am trying to say is that it would not hurt to add a warning message when we add an exit strategy to a distance in ticks or percentage that has been already met as it would close out the trade immediately without warning.

Please provide a picture of how you see this "warning message".

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 30 Jan 2013

Hi Henry,
Please provide a picture of how you see this "warning message".
The more I think about it, I personally think the best solution would be to automatically set the Amount of Profit to 45 ticks if the position is in a profit of 44 ticks and traders can adjust it higher from there but not lower as it would close their position immediately.

Maybe other users have better ideas, please feel free to share them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jan 2013

Hello Zoli,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take into consideration this improvement in the future.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”