ConnorsRSI

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
Dave Masalov

ConnorsRSI

Postby Dave Masalov » 24 Jan 2013

Hi all,

See attached the EL version of the ConnorsRSI indicator.
Attachments
ConnorsRSI EL.zip
(84.53 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times

scrichley

Re: ConnorsRSI

Postby scrichley » 14 Jun 2023

I am able to use import this indicator and apply it to a chart to show that it's working normally... However, when I try to apply it to a study for backtesting, the Power Language editor is not recognizing the indicator and the code will not compile. Any suggestions???

I'm trying to compare it to the traditional RSI indicator for short term reversal trading.
Attachments
ConnorsRSI Pic 3.png
(25.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ConnorsRSI Pic 2.png
(38.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ConnorsRSI Pic 1.png
(45.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet

rrams

Postby rrams » 16 Jun 2023

scrichley,
You must either copy the code from the ConnorRSI indicator into your signal and compile it there or turn the indicator code into a function and call that function from your signal.

Creating a function out of the indicator code is easy, so it isn't always included. I have done it for you.
ConnorsRSI_function.pla
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
(Functions and indicators can have the same name, but they reside in a separate area of the code database.)

scrichley

Postby scrichley » 16 Jun 2023

Thank you so much for the lesson and for preparing the function!

-Shawn
scrichley,
You must either copy the code from the ConnorRSI indicator into your signal and compile it there or turn the indicator code into a function and call that function from your signal.

Creating a function out of the indicator code is easy, so it isn't always included. I have done it for you.
ConnorsRSI_function.pla
(Functions and indicators can have the same name, but they reside in a separate area of the code database.)

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”