Where are C# strategies stored?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
robbob

Where are C# strategies stored?

Postby robbob » 26 Jan 2013

I'm new to Multicharts, and I'm guessing that it likely comes with a number of pre-built C# strategies, however, I can't find any. When I open the power language editor, and attempt to open a file, there are 100+ indicators listed, but no signals/strategies. In the MC's programData directory on the C: drive it contains C# files for indicators, but no strategies.
I haven't been able to find any links online to download strategies, although from the tutorials it appears that quite a few should already exist.

tia,
-Rob

JoshM

Re: Where are C# strategies stored?  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 27 Jan 2013

I'm new to Multicharts, and I'm guessing that it likely comes with a number of pre-built C# strategies, however, I can't find any. When I open the power language editor, and attempt to open a file, there are 100+ indicators listed, but no signals/strategies.
If you go the the .NET PowerLanguage Editor, make sure you check the Signal checkbox. Then look for the orange icons in the list. By default, some 90+ strategies are included.

If you then still don't have any signals listed, I suppose you'll need to do a reinstall since then not everything is installed correctly.

Attachments
scr.27-01-2013 15.15.31.png
(28.56 KiB) Downloaded 1019 times

robbob

Re: Where are C# strategies stored?

Postby robbob » 28 Jan 2013

Thanks Josh,
There weren't any signals listed, so I reinstalled and they are now showing up.

-Rob

EdL

Re: Where are C# strategies stored?

Postby EdL » 18 Feb 2013

Hi,

I had the same issue as robbob. My initial install of MultiCharts was successful apart from indicators and signals were missing.

I "repaired" the install from Add/Remove Programs in control panel and they were downloaded and now appear correctly.

Many thanks

Ed

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”