Problem with indicator showing up....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sinatra Fan

Problem with indicator showing up....

Postby Sinatra Fan » 28 Jan 2013

I wrote an indicator that is based on a length of 20 bars... My problem is... that is takes hundreds of bars before it finally shows up. How can I get it to show up earlier than this? My big concern is when ES rolls over, I won't have enough bars to read the indicator for several days prior...

Thanks

TJ

Re: Problem with indicator showing up....

Postby TJ » 28 Jan 2013

I wrote an indicator that is based on a length of 20 bars... My problem is... that is takes hundreds of bars before it finally shows up. How can I get it to show up earlier than this? My big concern is when ES rolls over, I won't have enough bars to read the indicator for several days prior...

Thanks
MultiCharts will automatically look back on the number of bars required to calculate the indicator. Without your code, I cannot tell how many bars is required. My experience tells me that most people thought it takes less than required.

ps. You can make a continuous contract on ES, that should cover your rollover concerns.
Look up "Custom Futures" in the wiki for detail
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... /Main_Page

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 29 Jan 2013

TJ is right. Obviously there is a function or another input causing the indicator to require more than 20 bars for calculation and outputting first results.

Sinatra Fan

Postby Sinatra Fan » 29 Jan 2013

Is there a way to specify number of bars to review?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 30 Jan 2013

Yes, however it will not let you use the script if you set it to less then required. The only solutions is to analyze and modify the script.

Return to “MultiCharts”