Force Plot RENKO bar?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
brunor

Force Plot RENKO bar?

Postby brunor » 19 Feb 2013

Is it possible to force MC to plot a RENKO bar based on the box size, and not have to wait for the current bar to close? I would also like to maintain a 15min resolution and avoid the typical extended RENKO bar. SEE Image.

I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks.
Bruno
Attachments
RENKO.jpg
(230.08 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

escamillo

Re: Force Plot RENKO bar?  [SOLVED]

Postby escamillo » 19 Feb 2013

I believe the answer is no. The box will not form until the time frame that you have set is completed. Try it on a one tick chart and new boxes will form when you think they should.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Force Plot RENKO bar?

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Feb 2013

Hello Brunor,

Escamillo is right. From Renko chart type description:
9. Select Resolution for your chart to be based on. It allows you to choose which type of data (for more details see Tick, Minute and Daily Data) and what detailed resolution will be used for building the boxes.
Note:
MultiCharts 8.0 implementation: in real-time no matter what resolution is specified, each next box of the specified size will be plotted once privious box is finished.
MultiCharts 8.1 and any further version implementation: depending on the selected resolution the current box may be huge in real-time and not match your box size, but when the selected in resolution bar (1 day for instance) is closed, you'll see a lot of boxes of the specified box size instead of that huge one.
A bar is considered to be closed when a new tick of the next bar comes on the chart or after timeout (5 mins by default).

brunor

Re: Force Plot RENKO bar?

Postby brunor » 19 Feb 2013

Thanks kindly to all for your responses.

Return to “MultiCharts”