Incorrect MultiCharts shut down/application crash

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

Incorrect MultiCharts shut down/application crash

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Feb 2013

Dear users,

On our FTP server we can see a number of dumps (error reports) uploaded by the users who have incorrect MultiCharts shut down or application crash on shut down.

We need to study this case in more details to provide a solution.
All of the users who have such type of problem (you can spot it by Send report window appearing on the start of MultiCharts or processes not closing themselves on MC shut down) are asked to come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the behavior remotely. Live chat operator will collect all of the required for analysis information.

Alternatively you can send us the environment that can help us to replicate this behavior (workspaces, studies, instrument list) to support@multicharts.com

MAtricks

Re: Incorrect MultiCharts shut down/application crash

Postby MAtricks » 20 Feb 2013

Good work guys.

This has happened several times to me.
-It only seems to happen if I leave MC running for more than 24 hours.
-I've never had this happen when I'm manually doing anything with the platform
-When this occurs it's usually after a couple days of automation and I'll notice that something's not quite right with the Order and Position Manager
-When I start MC after this occurs I get the notification saying that "This MC License is being used by another computer" error.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Feb 2013

Hello MAtricks,

Have you noticed any incorrect MultiCharts shut down/application crash caused by Order and Position Tracker window using the latest MultiCharts 8.5 Release Candidate?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 20 Feb 2013

Yes, I'm using the latest version. 8.5 release candidate.

Please note that I'm not completely sure if the Order and Position Manager is linked to this issue. It just seems to have incorrect calculations right before one of these crashes.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Feb 2013

MAtricks, please install MultiCharts 8.5 Release. If this behavior is still reproduced on this latest version please send us the information for analysis:
If application crash window appears please click Terminate button and send me the logs for analysis (support@multicharts.com). Here is how to collect the logs.
If application crashes with no popup windows but shows a crash report on the next start-please click Send button and send me your PC name (right click on My Computer->Properties->Computer name) so that I can find the dumps you have uploaded.

You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the issue remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

seandean

Postby seandean » 24 Feb 2013

I just had my first MC crash, I didn’t pay much attention to it but came here to see if any others were experiencing the same, and it appears so.

I’m using MC 6.5 64-bit release, two reports were sent back to your FTP.

I can explain my situation which may help. I installed MC 6.5 release over the weekend, upgrading from MC 6.5 beta 1 (I skipped the RC release). It was not subject to any incoming data until just this evening, since markets were closed.

This is where it gets interesting. I believe my application crashed when the first (set) of charts started receiving data (markets opening). I had about 10 crash report windows open, but I only sent two back to you.

I closed the application, on first re-start it gave me another error, I believe this was a Windows (internal) error message and I also choose to send that report. After that window the application did not start.

I then re-started the application again, it started correctly. After about 45 minutes of running successfully another set of charts (markets) started to receive data, the application continued to function correctly.

It’s been just over 2 hours now and I have not seen any further errors or crashes. I wonder if this has anything to do with the databases on the upgrade, perhaps a one-time compatibility issue?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 25 Feb 2013

I just had my first crash on shutdown with 8.5 release..see attached...I tried sending the logs etc, but the crash wouldn't allow it...
Attachments
MC Crash on shutdown.png
(9.04 KiB) Downloaded 1557 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Feb 2013

I just had my first MC crash, I didn’t pay much attention to it but came here to see if any others were experiencing the same, and it appears so.

I’m using MC 6.5 64-bit release, two reports were sent back to your FTP.
seandean, please PM or email me your PC name (right click on My Computer icon->Properties->Computer name) so that I can check the logs from our FTP server.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Feb 2013

I just had my first crash on shutdown with 8.5 release..see attached...I tried sending the logs etc, but the crash wouldn't allow it...
sptrader, if you have a window "%Process Name% has generated some errors during previous session" you can click "Save Report" button and specify a location for saving the zip file with logs and dumps.

If "Application error" window appears with Exception or Assert information please click Terminate button and manually collect the logs.

Once you have the logs folder zipped please send it to me for analysis (support@multicharts.com).

tcat

Postby tcat » 25 Feb 2013

Hello Henry,

I faced my first crashes today and I am not using position tracking. At the time of the crash, I had QuoteManager opened and had brought corrections to the Exchange & ECNs for FX, which did not have proper session handling.

My computer name is FIN-VM1, in case you want to check the dump.

Cheers,
Thierry

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 25 Feb 2013

sptrader, if you have a window "%Process Name% has generated some errors during previous session" you can click "Save Report" button and specify a location for saving the zip file with logs and dumps.

If "Application error" window appears with Exception or Assert information please click Terminate button and manually collect the logs.

Once you have the logs folder zipped please send it to me for analysis (support@multicharts.com).
OK, I'll try that if it happens again. I've been using it since it was released with no problems, until that crash during shutdown..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2013

Dear users,

Here are the udpaters for fixing the crash on close issue
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95112551/MC-11115_85Rx64.zip - for MC 64 bit
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95112551/MC-11115_85Rx32.zip - for MC 32 bit
Here is how to install an updater.

This is a part of a complex fix. The developers are finishing the other part with a problem in a different module (crash on shut down caused by a realtime market scanner window). Once the fix is tested I will upload it for public access.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Mar 2013

Dear users,

We have updated MultiCharts 8.5 Release installer on our download page. New build contains all fixes for the crash issues reported in this thread + other fixes for the issues reported in the main MultiCharts 8.5 Release thread. You need to download the file and install it. You do not need to delete your current version. The udpater provided in the post above is already included in the installer.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 03 Mar 2013

I recently installed the new MC release that was posted on Feb 28th. This is my 2nd time receiving multiple errors that glitch themselves.

Here's a clip of just a few at one time (there were many more). http://screencast.com/t/Chx7k6pVh I sent them all in. I have the error file saved as well if you'd like me to forward it to an email or post it here?

MC64 Release 8.5.6778
MBT Desktop Pro Release 2.1.0.59

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 03 Mar 2013

Okay, this has happened 6x this weekend alone.

This weekend the errors happened on my trading server and my work pc. Both recently upgraded to the new MC release (Feb 28th release). These issues have been happened since this upgrade and never before.

I'm getting piles of error messages..... This is not good. Direction?

I'll leave them up on my server so a MC dev can look at it.

Attachments
2013-03-03_1448.png
(69.42 KiB) Downloaded 1807 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2013

Hello MAtricks,

I have PMed and e-mailed you but no reply...
Please send me your PC name (right click on My Computer icon->Properties->Computer name) so that I can check the logs from our FTP server.
You can also upload the dumps to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link (support@multicharts.com).

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 05 Mar 2013

Sorry, I haven't been online for a while. I'll upload the files and email you the link.

Furthering my resolve, I installed the new version of MBT Pro rc and the issue hasn't occurred with the new MC Release.

**EDIT**

Sorry Henry, it looks like I misplaced the files that were saved. And to fix my issue I reinstalled the software so I'm guessing the logs are gone? I had previously sent them in. I hope that's okay. Business had to keep going...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Mar 2013

MAtricks, please send me your PC name (right click on My Computer icon->Properties->Computer name) so that I can check the logs from our FTP server.
If you have clicked Terminate button in the Application error window then the logs/dumps can still be stored in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts64\8.5.6778.400\Backup folder.

gregcccc

Postby gregcccc » 07 Mar 2013

Hi Guys,

I am having serious stability problems with this latest release. I downloaded the update on 4 March so I should have all the updates referred to in this thread.

Twice I have run "repair" via control panel and twice I have received a message to say "An error occurred during the installation of assembly policy 8.0 . . . (see attached for full details). You will also have received a dozen or so crash reports from me today . . . . to match the dozen or so I send yesterday and the day before.

Any ideas how we can fix the problem?

Greg
Attachments
MC1.pdf
An error occurred during the installation of assembly policy. . .
(55.02 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Mar 2013

Greg, what is your PC name (right click on My Computer icon->Properties->Computer name)?
Which data provider and broker do you use ?

gregcccc

Postby gregcccc » 12 Mar 2013

Hi Henry,

My PC name is ZenCM-PC and my data supplier and broker are both Interactive Brokers.

Regards,
Greg

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Mar 2013

Hello Greg,
You will also have received a dozen or so crash reports from me today
Your crash reports have been processed by our developers. The issues that have been found are fixed. The fix will be available in the new build of MultiCharts 8.5 Release that should become available later today. Please install it and let me know in case you still have any crash issues.
Twice I have run "repair" via control panel and twice I have received a message to say "An error occurred during the installation of assembly policy 8.0 . . . (see attached for full details).
To fix the error messages during repair you need to install the following components and restart your PC: vcredist_x86_2008, vcredist_x64_2008.

gregcccc

Postby gregcccc » 18 Mar 2013

Ok - Multicharts appears to be stable now - many thanks for addressing this issue. However, I have found a new problem - I can no longer import data into a symbol using the QuoteManager. The import appears to work correctly but if I select "Edit Data" I can see that nothing is being imported. This may have previously been a problem with 8.5 - I don't know as I have only just tried an import. Please advise.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 18 Mar 2013

Ok - Multicharts appears to be stable now - many thanks for addressing this issue. However, I have found a new problem - I can no longer import data into a symbol using the QuoteManager. The import appears to work correctly but if I select "Edit Data" I can see that nothing is being imported. This may have previously been a problem with 8.5 - I don't know as I have only just tried an import. Please advise.
Did you select the in Date Range "start" and "end" dates and then "Load", it seems to works for me.

gregcccc

Postby gregcccc » 19 Mar 2013

Yes - I am selecting the date range but its making no difference. I'll try re-installing the software.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Mar 2013

Yes - I am selecting the date range but its making no difference. I'll try re-installing the software.
Make sure you have selected the proper resolution and quote field you have imported data into (ask, bid, trade). If you still have this issue-please come to our live chat 6.30am-4pm EST to demonstrate it.

Return to “MultiCharts”