8.5 RC - PL Editor Windows  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
markwit229

8.5 RC - PL Editor Windows

Postby markwit229 » 04 Mar 2013

Hi -

I just downloaded the 8.5 Release Candidate and noticed that the PL Editor window is now behaving differently on my laptop. I'm not sure what the correct terminology is here and I spent some time searching to see if this was a general-Windows 7 issue (did not find anything).

When using the previous 8.5 beta, each "sub-window" of the PL Editor (e.g., output window, error list, navigator, help) was "pinned" within the editor. Specifically, the Help and Navigator tabs were grouped together to the right of the code window, while the Error List and Output Window tabs were grouped together below the code window. The Windows taskbar contained only one program window for the main PL Editor. This was all how I would expect it to behave.

With the latest version, each sub-window is separate from the PL Editor in that each is in the taskbar and that none of the PL Editor windows move together or are connected. Each sub-window acts as a standalone program (so e.g., the output window behaves as a standalone program instead of residing within the PL Editor). Hence, if I alt-tab from the main MultiCharts program to the PL Editor, only the code window might be toggled and would display on top of any other sub-windows related to the PL Editor.

Apologies if this sounds vague but I'm not familiar with the correct terminology. Hopefully someone can understand what I'm describing. I'm having trouble working with the PL Editor included with Release Candidate 8.5 and would like to revert the window behavior back to how I described for the previous 8.5 beta. I'm running MC.NET x64 RC 8.5 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 w/ Service Pack 1.

Thanks for any help,
Mark

Henry MultiСharts

Re: 8.5 RC - PL Editor Windows  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2013

Hello Mark,

Please close PLEditor window.
Go to Windows Start menu-Run->regedit.exe
Please go to this path :
for 32bit MC: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts .Net\
for 64bit MC: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts .Net64\
In the registry tree please make a right click on the PLEditor editor folder and click Delete.
Please start PLEditor now.

Emmanuel

Re: 8.5 RC - PL Editor Windows

Postby Emmanuel » 05 Mar 2013

Hi

I got the same earlier

Emmanuel

markwit229

Re: 8.5 RC - PL Editor Windows

Postby markwit229 » 05 Mar 2013

Thanks, Henry. That solved the problem.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”