Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality broken  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
onedigit

Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality broken

Postby onedigit » 08 Mar 2013

Bug reported

MC-1271 - Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality is not working. Multicharts 64bit build 6778

Zenfire local sim does not trade limit orders realistically. Limit orders at the bid and ask are executed only when all other respective bids or asks are filled i.e. last in the queue. Sequential ordering is not maintained.

Intended functionality per release notes;

What's new in version 7.4
The simulator has many features to make results close to real life – sequential ordering remembers your place in queue so fills are realistic. Partial fills happen once you reach the price, and if price moves away, the order is only partially filled. Live real-time data means trading on the same data that is used for live orders. This is a great tool for practicing trading before using real money in a real account. You can use the local SIM or connect to the server-side SIM that’s now provided by ZenFire and Rithmic.

onedigit

Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality broken

Postby onedigit » 08 Mar 2013

Bug reported

MC-1271 - Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality is not working. Multicharts 64bit build 6778

Zenfire local sim does not trade limit orders realistically. Limit orders at the bid and ask are executed only when all other respective bids or asks are filled i.e. last in the queue. Sequential ordering is not maintained.

Intended functionality per release notes;

What's new in version 7.4
The simulator has many features to make results close to real life – sequential ordering remembers your place in queue so fills are realistic. Partial fills happen once you reach the price, and if price moves away, the order is only partially filled. Live real-time data means trading on the same data that is used for live orders. This is a great tool for practicing trading before using real money in a real account. You can use the local SIM or connect to the server-side SIM that’s now provided by ZenFire and Rithmic.

Dave Masalov

Re: Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality brok

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Mar 2013

Hello onedigit,

I believe this has been discussed in our Live Chat and in e-mail conversation as well. There seems to be some misunderstanding here. If you place an order in the DOM window, it is filled (or starts to be filled) when the price in the OPPOSITE column touches the order price. Your orders are executed immediately after the corresponding price (ask for buy orders and bid for sell orders) reaches the order price.

As for the description of Local Sim functionality in What's new, let me explain it in details:
The simulator has many features to make results close to real life – sequential ordering remembers your place in queue so fills are realistic.

Sequential ordering means that when you place an order, MultiCharts remembers the to tal volume of the orders by other traders in DOM at this particular moment. And you order won't be filled until previously submitted orders by other traders are filled.
Partial fills happen once you reach the price, and if price moves away, the order is only partially filled.
This sentence refers to partial fills and means that if ask/bid price touches your order's price, but then "jumps" back, your order will be only partially filled untill ask/bid price reaches the order's price again.

onedigit

Postby onedigit » 15 Mar 2013

Thanks Andrew and Dave for looking at this issue. I think the fundamental disagreement is that in live trading the buy (blue) price need not come up the sell (red) price in order for a trade at the sell price. It’s the yellow (middle column) that flips up and down indicating the trade price. The trade price can come up to you but not necessarily exceed it and then move away again but you can still get your order filled. If you’re early enough in the queue can get your order filled way before your price level disappears. But this is not possible with the sim in this build.

Attention Traders!
Can someone please have a look at this issue and back me up on this. It seems I’m all alone here which leads me to wonder if this issue is unique to my machine.

Please someone do a test on your Zenfire sim and let me know if I’m wrong here.
Thanks.

onedigit

Hello onedigit,

I believe this has been discussed in our Live Chat and in e-mail conversation as well. There seems to be some misunderstanding here. If you place an order in the DOM window, it is filled (or starts to be filled) when the price in the OPPOSITE column touches the order price. Your orders are executed immediately after the corresponding price (ask for buy orders and bid for sell orders) reaches the order price.

As for the description of Local Sim functionality in What's new, let me explain it in details:
The simulator has many features to make results close to real life – sequential ordering remembers your place in queue so fills are realistic.

Sequential ordering means that when you place an order, MultiCharts remembers the to tal volume of the orders by other traders in DOM at this particular moment. And you order won't be filled until previously submitted orders by other traders are filled.
Partial fills happen once you reach the price, and if price moves away, the order is only partially filled.
This sentence refers to partial fills and means that if ask/bid price touches your order's price, but then "jumps" back, your order will be only partially filled untill ask/bid price reaches the order's price again.
Yes this is how it's supposed to work but it doesn't work on my machine. If an order comes after mine then I should get filled ahead of that one. But that never happens. My order *always* gets filled last. Also partial fills are not possible.

Again I understand how this is supposed to work but it’s not working on my machine.

I've tried repairing my installation but it did not fix the problem. I don't know what else to do except hope that another trader see this and back me up.

onedigit

I’m sorry Andrew but this is not correct.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 18 Mar 2013

As you discussed it with David over the phone, we will wait for a detailed video and respective MultiCharts logs from you to study the situation.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Zenfire local sim sequential ordering functionality brok  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 20 Mar 2013

The situation was studied and it will be fixed in next version of MultiCharts.

onedigit

Postby onedigit » 20 Mar 2013

The situation was studied and it will be fixed in next version of MultiCharts.
Thanks again Andrew for sticking with this.

Customer support is five star at Multicharts!

Return to “MultiCharts”