MultiCharts with Rithmic broker extremely unstable

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
larssan

MultiCharts with Rithmic broker extremely unstable

Postby larssan » 10 Mar 2013

I've been using MC for a few years and Rithmic since one year.

I autotrade every day using MC on a Windows 2008 server.
For about one year this has worked fine without any major disturbances.

However, since I updated from MC8.0 the MC and Rithmic combination is a complete failure.

I can't list all errors but the usual ones are loosing connection, unable to load certain contracts, unable to connect to Rithmic at all. This has cost me and my customers a significantly amount of money.

According to my broker they have checked that Rithmic feed is okay every time I have contacted them and they are saying that the problem and bugs are at MultiCharts end.

This time I think they are accurate as the problem started exactly when I updated from MC8.0.
Since then I've used 8.5beta1, 8.5beta2, 8.5RC, 8.5. Each time I've updated the bugs and connection issues have gotten worse.
Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

As I don't have the time to do the testing on your behalf, Can you please just make it work ?

As you have explained to me earlier you don't have the resources to test the functionality of every broker/data feed in every release but please don't make it worse then in the previous release.

Perhaps you can provide a list of all brokers and when a broker functionality is confirmed by you or a certain no. of users then it's marked green or something like that.
Then your customers can wait with updating to a new release until their broker of choice is confirmed to work 100% OK.

As it is now you basically tell the customers that a new better release is out but in fact it can be disastrous when used to trade with.

Not all customers are using MC to backtest, some of us actually trade with it.
(And not all use IB)

Regards, Lars

Dave Masalov

Re: MultiCharts with Rithmic broker extremely unstable

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Mar 2013

Hello Lars,

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. Unfortunately, we failed to reproduce disconnect issues on our end.

MC 8.5 uses new ZenFire (Rithmic) API version 5.7. ZenFire claimed that some disconnect issues have been addressed in this API version.

We need more information in order to help you. If the problem occurs with the latest version of MultiCharts, please provide us with the detailed description of the issue. Steps to reproduce, what exactly is wrong, when does it happened, screenshots, MC Logs (https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs).

What exactly do you mean by "unable to load certain contracts"? Pleasemake sure that you are subscribed to the symbols and they are not expired. Detailed description of the problem and log files are needed for investigation.
unable to connect to Rithmic at all
Please send us MC Logs collected after reproducing the issue but before restarting MC. When did the problem occur for the first time?

Again, I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you are facing and we will do our best to isolate and fix the issues as quickly as possible.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 12 Mar 2013

with Windows Vista, Win7 and Win8 running various MC 32 bit and 64 bit versions on Zen-Fire/Rithmic, I have never had problems such as you have described. Has been extremely stable, reliable data feed.

Maybe it is your internet connection or a hardware resource conflict on your computer - with a different platform and data provider, I have in past had both such problems, which at first I thought was a problem with the trading platform.

waveslider

Postby waveslider » 12 Mar 2013

I feel your pain! I have had weird blips with Rithmic come up out of nowhere also. But if it is any consolation - I am using Rithmic with the latest MC release on windows 2008 server platform and it is working flawlessly.
Something that has plagued me in the past is syncing the server clock - make sure that this is synced all the time. I have a free software program that does this every 10 minutes. It helps!!

Return to “MultiCharts”