Walk Forward Testing  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jlwtrading

Walk Forward Testing

Postby jlwtrading » 13 Mar 2013

I would like to make a suggestion about including this extremely important feature in future releases of MC.
However, I would like to suggest an alternative approach to including it in MultiCharts.
The renowned Market Analyst, Dennis Meyers, has developed an add on package called PWFO, which apparently works well with MC. (to be investigated). It appears to be a very sophisticated, and thorough treatment of the approach.
His website is located here:
http://www.meyersanalytics.com/pwfo.php
Why don't you consider buying the rights to the package and including it in MC?
I know that its always difficult to go with a "buy" instead of with a "build" approach, but in this case it could be a win/win for everyone (especially the users).
Integrating it with the Portfolio Backtester shouldn't be that big a deal, and would give MC a real feature advantage over other products.
Comments?

ABC

Re: Walk Forward Testing

Postby ABC » 14 Mar 2013

What is wrong with the build in WFO? If it's missing valuable features, I am sure that the MC developers are more than happy to add it to MC.

jlwtrading

Postby jlwtrading » 14 Mar 2013

Walk Forward should really be a part of the Portfolio Testing approach. The walk forward ability on one strategy on one instrument just doesn't cut it.
Many of MultiCharts competitors have such a tool built in, and it appears to be an important way to understand the real world effects of a strategy on a portfolio of securities.
For a good theoretical underpinning of the benefits of walk forward testing on a basket of securities as one of the best ways to compare systems please see the following:
http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FE ... nberg.html
(Please pm me for the full article if you're interested)

ABC

Postby ABC » 14 Mar 2013

I agree, it would be great to have it in the Portfolio Tester, too.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Walk Forward Testing  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Mar 2013

Dear users,

We are going to add Walk Forward testing for portfolio of instruments after "ability to auto-trade a portfolio of stocks" will be introduced in MultiCharts 9.0.

Return to “MultiCharts”