Orders being rejected: Account does nor exist.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Splint

Orders being rejected: Account does nor exist.

Postby Splint » 14 Mar 2013

I'm not sure if this is an issue caused by MC, but all of my orders have been rejected over the last few days. I haven't changed anything and the account does exist, but this is the message (I replaced the account numbers with x's for security reasons) in the log:

Account "xxxxxxx" does not exist. Please enter a correct value in or leave blank the Default Account field in Settings tab of Interactive Brokers dialog.

Any idea what's going on here?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Orders being rejected: Account does nor exist.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Mar 2013

Splint, please go to Format->Strategy properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plubin->Settings for the chart you have rejected orders.
Make sure you have correct accounts specified in Clearing account and Default account fields or just leave them blank if you have a single account with IB.

Splint

Postby Splint » 17 Mar 2013

Thanks Henry,

I shut the system down over the weekend and rebooted it a little while ago. The orders are going through now. A reboot was probably all it needed. I'll get back to you if there are any further developments.

Thanks
David

Zoakes

Postby Zoakes » 08 Sep 2020

I'm having a similar issue, but with a Paper Trader broker profile (working with Portfolio Trader), but it's saying account 'Vici 4H' does not exist -- (which is my Portfolio Trader Portfolio name...). I'm using the paper trader broker profile in settings, and the profile works (tested a manual order in chart), and seems to connect fine to charts on automation -- but just with PFT it's giving me the rejections?

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 24 Sep 2020

I'm having a similar issue, but with a Paper Trader broker profile (working with Portfolio Trader), but it's saying account 'Vici 4H' does not exist -- (which is my Portfolio Trader Portfolio name...). I'm using the paper trader broker profile in settings, and the profile works (tested a manual order in chart), and seems to connect fine to charts on automation -- but just with PFT it's giving me the rejections?
Hello Zoakes,

It is possible that the Paper Trader account selected in the Portfolio workspace for auto-trading was renamed or deleted.
Please follow these instructions:
1. Start MultiCharts.
2. Disconnect Paper Trader in File -> Broker Profiles -> Manage Broker Profiles.
3. Open Paper Trader settings and check if the correct data source and account are selected, and there are enough funds on the account for filling the orders. .
4. Open Portfolio Trader and the workspace you are having issues in.
5. In Format Settings -> Auto-Trading tab-> Select Broker Plug-in select Paper Trader from the drop-down list and click the gear icon. Make sure the broker profile settings are correct.
6. Try trading again.

Return to “MultiCharts”