IQFeed Daily  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
markwit229

IQFeed Daily

Postby markwit229 » 15 Mar 2013

Using IQFeed, is there a way to specify that daily bars when used in a chart or supplied from IDataLoader represent 9:30am-4:15pm EST only for a market that may trade closer to ~24 hours (e.g., E-mini S&P on globex)? I know we could create a custom session but it seems that would affect only sub-daily charts (e.g., hourly).

I checked through the forums both here and at IQFeed but did not find a solution to what I am looking to do (if it exists). Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IQFeed Daily  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Mar 2013

Hello Mark,

IQfeed provides daily bars as fixed OHLC values with the session settings defined on their end.
You can get a daily bar with customized sessions if you create N minute chart with your own session template. IQfeed also provides ability to build minute and daily bars out of tick data:
Quote manager->Tools->Data sources->IQFeed->Settings->"build minute and daily bars from tick data". To make this setting come into effect you need to restart MultiCharts and all of its applications.

Please keep in mind that IQFeed has a limitation for amount of provided historical data:
Tick data- 8 calendar days within session hours, 120 days in non-session hours,
Minute data– up to 6 years (@ES# ~4.5 year)- only TRADE data,
Daily data – since 1901 (@ES# ~13 years), (INDU.X since 1928 year)

That means if you select building all resolutions from ticks then you will have less historical data, compared to using minute and day resolutions.

davewolfs

Re: IQFeed Daily

Postby davewolfs » 15 Mar 2013

Using IQFeed, is there a way to specify that daily bars when used in a chart or supplied from IDataLoader represent 9:30am-4:15pm EST only for a market that may trade closer to ~24 hours (e.g., E-mini S&P on globex)? I know we could create a custom session but it seems that would affect only sub-daily charts (e.g., hourly).

I checked through the forums both here and at IQFeed but did not find a solution to what I am looking to do (if it exists). Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark
Please vote on this feature request.

The reality is that MC should have an option to build daily data from minute bars as an option. If this was the case than it would accomplish what you are looking for.

The alternative is for you to use 405 minute bars.

Vote here:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-856

davewolfs

Postby davewolfs » 15 Mar 2013

Henry MultiСharts wrote:
Hello Mark,

IQfeed provides daily bars as fixed OHLC values with the session settings defined on their end.
You can get a daily bar with customized sessions if you create N minute chart with your own session template. IQfeed also provides ability to build minute and daily bars out of tick data:
Quote manager->Tools->Data sources->IQFeed->Settings->"build minute and daily bars from tick data". To make this setting come into effect you need to restart MultiCharts and all of its applications.

Please keep in mind that IQFeed has a limitation for amount of provided historical data:
Tick data- 8 calendar days within session hours, 120 days in non-session hours,
Minute data– up to 6 years (@ES# ~4.5 year)- only TRADE data,
Daily data – since 1901 (@ES# ~13 years), (INDU.X since 1928 year)

That means if you select building all resolutions from ticks then you will have less historical data, compared to using minute and day resolutions.

Henry, wouldnt the dataloader check to see if the data exists in the local database or does the call always force the system to go out directly to the original data source i.e. IQFeed?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Mar 2013

Henry, wouldnt the dataloader check to see if the data exists in the local database or does the call always force the system to go out directly to the original data source i.e. IQFeed?
IDataloader will first check the availability of data in the local database. If "download missing historical data" is checked and some data is missing-it will be requested from data provider's servers.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”