FXCM, MULTICHARTS, AND POSSIBLY MCFX?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

FXCM, MULTICHARTS, AND POSSIBLY MCFX?

Postby MAtricks » 30 Mar 2013

Hey all,

I have a couple clients who're requesting some trading done with their FXCM accounts. Does anyone have experience linking MC with FXCM? The brokerage is telling me that they no longer have a connection with MC.. Is MCFX the best way to go or should I use MC?

Any known problems trading fxcm with multicharts?

Thanks for any tips..

Henry MultiСharts

Re: FXCM, MULTICHARTS, AND POSSIBLY MCFX?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Apr 2013

Hello MAtricks,

FXCM broker is supported in MultiCharts. There are no known issues with this connection at the moment. I would recommend you to use MultiCharts for this connection.
Please let me know if you need to know the FXCM broker functionality peculiarities.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 01 Apr 2013

Thanks for the reply, Henry.

I'll be testing the connection :) and post back here with any issues I come up with.

MAtricks

Data feed issue:

FXCM data source isn't listed in my Multicharts (current 64bit version) as suggested here on the FXCM help video: https://www.multicharts.com/market-data-feeds/

-off topic: Notice that MB trading has never been on the Add Symbol list but it's on the Add Symbol > Manually list? A tiny annoyance that I've been waiting on a fix for.
Attachments
2013-04-01_1051_001.png
(158.42 KiB) Downloaded 2454 times
2013-04-01_1051.png
(194.14 KiB) Downloaded 2431 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Apr 2013

MultiCharts cannot receive data directly from FXCM. In MultiCharts FXCM data is available only through our servers. Such data source is called MCFX. More info here.
You can get this data for free if you trade at least 8 standard lots or 80 mini lots each month with FXCM broker. More information can be found at this page. We also have a special offer at the moment-you can get 1 year free MCFX data subscription if you purchase a lifetime license of MultiCharts.

-off topic: Notice that MB trading has never been on the Add Symbol list but it's on the Add Symbol > Manually list? A tiny annoyance that I've been waiting on a fix for.
Symbol lookup is implemented for the data providers that provide such functionality through their API. If you want to have symbol lookup for MBT-please contact MBT directly and ask to add this feature to the API.

MAtricks

Thank you for the answers.

Odd that we don't have any free fx data feed for FXCM. It's taken me 4-5 months to get the link between MB Trading and Multicharts working to a point where it's "safely" tradable. I'm assuming that I'll run into at least 2 months of issues until I feel that the connection is secure.

It seems like there should be a 30 day trial version of live data feed (not historical) for us to test the connection.. Just a suggestion. 8 lots a month is a pretty easy feat so I'm not too taken back by this, but a demo version should be implemented.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Apr 2013

MAtricks, we offer 2 weeks of MCFX data for trial. Please contact me directly if you would like to test it.

t-rader

Postby t-rader » 03 Apr 2013

Can I please clarify if you use FXCM you get the data from Multicharts servers and then when you place your order it to the Multicharts server and is then sent onto FXCM? or does it go directly to FXCM?

So if I wanted to run a VPS and wanted this to as close possible to where I'm getting the data and where my orders are being sent to, do I need to get a VPS close to Multicharts servers? Or close to FXCM servers?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Apr 2013

Hello t-rader,

Data comes from our servers.
Orders go directly to FXCM broker through FxOrder2Go app/api.
If you want to reduce the ping/latency for order execution I believe it would be better to place your server closer to FXCM order execution servers.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 03 Apr 2013

t-trader,

While executing with FXCM you'd want to be in NY. InterServer is who I'm looking at for my server. They're right there and have decent prices.

Henry,

Data from Multicharts and while executing through FXCM seems a little ...different. Would you mind explaining why this is unique to FXCM?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Apr 2013

FXCM data stored on our servers is provided with retail spread. Your FXCM broker account can have different spread.

t-rader

Postby t-rader » 04 Apr 2013

t-trader,

While executing with FXCM you'd want to be in NY. InterServer is who I'm looking at for my server. They're right there and have decent prices.
Even if you're close to the FXCM servers you'll still have the latency receiving the data from the Multicharts server.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 04 Apr 2013

Hopefully you don't have a HFT strategy running through Multicharts. Unless this is the case, you're pretty safe with 10ms delay in data.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 08 Apr 2013

Henry,

My FXCM rep has provided me with a demo LAMM account. (1 account controls and trades 5 sub accounts) While logging into Multicharts, the 5 sub accounts are populated, not the 1 parent account. Any advice?

http://screencast.com/t/p6R46Hcc

http://screencast.com/t/QM4KTJj8dR7C

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Apr 2013

Hello MAtricks,

Are you able to see the parent account in FXCM Trading Station? Please provide a screenshot of complete account list from FXCM Trading Station. Is hedging disabled for this account?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 09 Apr 2013

I'm unsure about hedging.

No, it looks like I can't see the parent account in TradingStation.

Update:
It looks like they have the feature, I just have to select it within their Tradingstation. However, MC doesn't have any support for this. FXCM's developers are walking me through the process of having MC provide a signal and FXCM's Tradingstation receiving that signal and placing the allocated trade accordingly. It would be nice if Multicharts had a feature to allocate trades to all/some accounts similar to what they have for IB.
Attachments
2013-04-09_1005.png
(25.55 KiB) Downloaded 2395 times

bailey

Postby bailey » 03 Sep 2013

How does multicharts handle hedge positions on FXCM (demo).
Demo account on FXCM UK allow to open positions in both directions, but multicharts does not allow it. Second position in the same size eliminates the first one.

Is there a hack to allow hedge orders on FXCM ?

Edit: MC does not show all open positions from MXCM. The reverse position close the first one in MC, BUT in the WEB TRADER of FXCM they remain in the market.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Sep 2013

How does multicharts handle hedge positions on FXCM (demo).
Demo account on FXCM UK allow to open positions in both directions, but multicharts does not allow it. Second position in the same size eliminates the first one.

Is there a hack to allow hedge orders on FXCM ?

Edit: MC does not show all open positions from MXCM. The reverse position close the first one in MC, BUT in the WEB TRADER of FXCM they remain in the market.
Hello bailey,

MultiCharts does not support hedging accounts. You need to disable hedging for your account in order to use it with MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”