Portfolio Backtesting - Extended mode, Bar Magnifier and IOG

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
EdL

Portfolio Backtesting - Extended mode, Bar Magnifier and IOG

Postby EdL » 31 Mar 2013

Hi,

There have been a few posts in the past that indicate that Portfolio Backtesting extended mode, IOG and Bar magnifier features would be a great addition and that they were going to be added.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7497&hilit=extended ... +portfolio

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7880&hilit=extended ... +portfolio

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7521&hilit=extended ... +portfolio

There are also a couple of entries in the Project Management app related to these too, but I can not see any indication of progress or when they might be released as it appears to have been mentioned since 2010.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-787

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1227

Could you please update us on the progress of these and let us know if/when they will be released?

I know I'm not the only one that would really appreciate these additions. Currently the Portfolio Backtester is not at all as accurate as the standard strategy backtester due to the widely varying results I get when running strategies with extended mode and bar magnifier turned on/off.

Many thanks,

Ed

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Portfolio Backtesting - Extended mode, Bar Magnifier and

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Apr 2013

Hello Ed,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are going to add IOG when portfolio trading functionality would be added. As for Bar Magnifier and Extended Backtesting we do not have any estimated release time due to complexity of development of these features.

EdL

Postby EdL » 11 Apr 2013

Thanks for updating us Henry.

It's good to hear that the Portfolio trading and IOG development is underway. However, it's a shame to hear that Bar magnifier and Extended Backtesting are not going to be released at the same time!
I would argue that it is more important to have the Bar magnifier and Extended mode BEFORE the Portfolio trading and IOG are added. Currently the Portfolio backtester is inaccurate in comparison to the standard strategy backtester because it is lacking these features and personally I would not want to think about actually trading something until it can be tested accurately first. Hopefully these features won't be too far behind.

Regards

Ed

jimpe606

Postby jimpe606 » 25 Dec 2013

Hi,

I fully agree!
A must have!

Cheers,
Jimmy

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”