about putting two strategies in a chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stone

about putting two strategies in a chart

Postby Stone » 02 Apr 2013

Hello,

In order to avoid locking the postion when automatic executing, I split my strategy into two strategies-- One is for the longs and the other is for the shorts(By the way, locking the postion is permitted by the futures exchange). The result of the splitting is that,in the specific strategy, I need to get the number of bars since the entry coming from the other.

So I tried to put the two strategies in a chart and use the function"Barsinceentry". But I found the two strategies would interaction which varying a lot from working alone. This is not what I want.

Then I attemptted to put them in two charts but the same symbol and the same period(and of course trading in one account). I learned the GlobalVariable(I'm a beginner of MC). But I finally found it may not be called on any bar in history.

What should I do?

Many Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: about putting two strategies in a chart  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Apr 2013

Hello Stone,

Two separate strategies applied to the same chart return the same Barsinceentry value (if PoxBack is the same). Please describe the exact difficulty you have, attach sample codes and workspace demonstrating it.

Stone

Re: about putting two strategies in a chart

Postby Stone » 02 Apr 2013

I know how to do it. Thank you all the same.

Return to “MultiCharts”