Bar magnifier for Data2..N ?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
SysInv

Bar magnifier for Data2..N ?

Postby SysInv » 08 Apr 2013

Is it correct that the bar magnifier only works on data1, and not on additional data series? Backtesting with IOG and bar magnifier I get signals that use the close price of data2, but trades intrabar on data1 which gives very optimistic signals. I would expect it to work in a similar fashion as the global feature in playback, where you can use seconds as lowest timeframe for the bar magnifier and the different data series get synced together?

Is there any way to work around this without having to run it in the playback every time?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bar magnifier for Data2..N ?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2013

Is it correct that the bar magnifier only works on data1, and not on additional data series?
That is correct. Check our Wiki for more details on script calculation modes: How_Signals_are_Calculated

SysInv

Postby SysInv » 08 Apr 2013

I was reading through the wiki before posting the question but nowhere does it comment on additional data series. Not being able to use additional dataseries is, well, disappointing..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Apr 2013

You can add up to 99 additional dataseries to your chart and reference them from your code.

SysInv

Postby SysInv » 09 Apr 2013

"You can add up to 99 additional dataseries to your chart and reference them from your code." : This is not related to the question I had - I know very well that this is possible, and is what I've done - the question was if there was a way to use bar magnifier with additional data series since it only returns the closed bar value from additional dataseries but uses the magnifier for the main data series, thus allowing you to see into the future (close of additional data series at the open of the main data series).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2013

Bar magnifier can be turned on for the main data series only. If you want Bar magnifier for additional data series-please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

You can add any resolution you are using in bar magnifier as subchart and reference it from the code.
If that is not that you need-please describe your exact test case and your final goal.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”