Position handling on non-continuous strategy execution

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
felixtjung

Position handling on non-continuous strategy execution

Postby felixtjung » 11 Apr 2013

Hi,

I've several strategy that will only be executed first day on weekly. The problem that I'm having is, after the position has been opened by strategy, as soon as i close multicharts, that particular position will be owned by "Manual trading" instead of that particular strategy. So, when the strategy is opened, it doesn't have any memory about what position does it has at that point. I take a look on synchronizer script, but it appears to me it only assume, i'm trading single strategy for many instrument (it won't handle multiple strategy on same instrument). Am I missing something here? Or is there any other solution?

Thanks,
Felix

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Position handling on non-continuous strategy execution

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Apr 2013

Hello Felix,

When auto trading is turned off - the strategy position becomes zero. If you have an open position at the broker and you want your strategy to continue trading this position - you need to specify the position manually for each strategy next time you turn on the auto trading.
Please do the following:
Go to Format-> Strategy properties-> Auto trading-> Assign the initial market position at the broker setting->Show the assign the initial market position at the broker dialogue-> Show always-> Ok.

When you start the auto trading - a dialogue window will appear where you can set the position for the strategy. This is how you can synchronize your broker and strategy positions.

You can also synchronize your strategy and broker position automatically with the help of the synchronizer script (!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer!). Position at the broker cannot be divided between multiple strategies automatically by means of the "synchronizer" script. If you are trading with multiple strategies on one instrument - you need to assign the position manually for each strategy.
For more information on the synchronizer script usage please refer to the following pages:
#1 and #2.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”