Any way to deactivate click to select?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader39

Any way to deactivate click to select?

Postby trader39 » 17 Apr 2013

My indicators cover much of the screen, and I am finding that the the click to select functionality frequently selects an indicator when I am just trying to click on the chart to scroll. Even worse, it may select an indicator when I am trying to move a stop or limit line in chart trading. Is there any way to deactivate click to select for indicators, hopefully while keeping chart trading functionality intact?

arjfca

Re: Any way to deactivate click to select?

Postby arjfca » 18 Apr 2013

Hello trader39

Publishing your indicator may help us to help uo

I had this problem with some of my indicator that was create to write data on the Data Window only. For this particular Indicator, I need to hide it ( in the format). Not doing so, I got the same problem as you

I never investigate but I suspect that in my case, all bar was a caclculation so all region of the chart is occupied by the indicator when i opted to display it on the chart

A solution maybe to use to split your workspace by adding the same instrument on data2 with the indicator. Like that, data one won't be affected

Hope I'm clear

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Apr 2013

Hello trader39,

Have you tried to Bring to Front the symbol's data series in Visual Order menu?

trader39

Postby trader39 » 19 Apr 2013

Yes, I have tried that. It does not seem to make much difference. My indicator uses High/Low bars to paint channels (eg a 90 min channel) in the background across most or all of the screen. Any click in that area (which is frequently the whole screen) and the indicator tends to be selected. Again, I wish there was a way to deactivate click to select at the indicator level.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 19 Apr 2013

Yes, I have tried that. It does not seem to make much difference. My indicator uses High/Low bars to paint channels (eg a 90 min channel) in the background across most or all of the screen. Any click in that area (which is frequently the whole screen) and the indicator tends to be selected. Again, I wish there was a way to deactivate click to select at the indicator level.
As i mentioned, when your indicator is doing calculation on each bar, you will have this problem

A solution maybe to have a 2' chart on the same workspace with the same instrument, scale, but with no indicator on it. You should then be able to use your mouse click code on the chart with no indicator

To install a new instrument, right click on your workspace and select Insert Instrument or use F5

Martin

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 19 Apr 2013

Sorry, i miss read your problem

I tough that you wanted to use the mouse click function to get data from a bar. Probably because I had a similar problem when I worked with this function.

But my easy solution for your problem could be the same. Place a 2' chart with the same instrument and scale and place your indicators on this new chart.

If you find another solution, I would like to hear about it because, yes, this is very annoying.

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2013

trader39, please demonstrate the behavior you are referring to on a video. It will be very helpful for better understanding of the situation.

Return to “MultiCharts”