Painting candle bodies ignores "Show Candlestick Border"

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
SteveH

Painting candle bodies ignores "Show Candlestick Border"

Postby SteveH » 18 Apr 2013

If I paint the body of my candlesticks some color, then even if I have chosen candlesticks to have the body border drawn by default, the painting will ignore that option and give me no border around the body. I don't see where custom painting has any control of drawing or not drawing the border of the candle body. Therefore, in the "Format Instrument" -> Style tab, if the "Show Candlestick Border" is checked for the Candlestick Chart Type, I should *always* get a border for the body even if I am custom painting it.

Also, if I show tick-by-tick updating of a candlestick chart and I have an indicator that is updating the color of the candlestick body, even if I have the [SameAsSymbolAttribute(true)] set correctly, the original up or down color of the candle shows up FIRST on a change in tick value and THEN my indicator paints over it. This should not happen. My indicator that is updating the candle color body is on top of the original candle color painting and the defaults should never be allowed to bleed through ahead of my custom painting.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Painting candle bodies ignores "Show Candlestick Border"

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Apr 2013

Hello SteveH,

Unfortunately there is no way to show the "Candlestick Border" for a plot paint bar at the moment.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site if you want to have such functionality in the future: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Also, if I show tick-by-tick updating of a candlestick chart and I have an indicator that is updating the color of the candlestick body, even if I have the [SameAsSymbolAttribute(true)] set correctly, the original up or down color of the candle shows up FIRST on a change in tick value and THEN my indicator paints over it. This should not happen. My indicator that is updating the candle color body is on top of the original candle color painting and the defaults should never be allowed to bleed through ahead of my custom painting.
That is expected behavior. Receiving a new tick is a trigger for indicator calculation. Once a realtime tick is received, indicator calculation is initiated and the study plot is updated.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”