Hiding Objects  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark90

Hiding Objects

Postby Mark90 » 21 Apr 2013

Is it possible to hide certain chart objects from specific TF's for example my M5 TF SR's hidden from M30 to create cleaner charts.

TJ

Re: Hiding Objects

Postby TJ » 21 Apr 2013

Is it possible to hide certain chart objects from specific TF's for example my M5 TF SR's hidden from M30 to create cleaner charts.
right click on chart, a "Format Objects" window will pop up,
select "Format Indicators"
choose the indicator,
press the "Format" button.
The "Format Study" window will pop up,
choose the "Style" tab,
under the "Style" column, change your selected items to "Invisible".
Press "OK".

Mark90

choose the indicator,
choose the "Style" tab,
Press "OK".
Many thanks TJ for responding but I don't think this achieves what I was after.

The attached screenshot show what I think you are referring too above i.e. making the line of the object (in this case a rectangle) invisible.

What I'm after is making the whole rectangle invisible on certain specified TF's.
Attachments
objectsexample1.png
(48.42 KiB) Downloaded 394 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Apr 2013

choose the indicator,
choose the "Style" tab,
Press "OK".
Many thanks TJ for responding but I don't think this achieves what I was after.

The attached screenshot show what I think you are referring too above i.e. making the line of the object (in this case a rectangle) invisible.

What I'm after is making the whole rectangle invisible on certain specified TF's.
Those are drawing objects, you cannot hide them through settings. You have to remove them from your code.

(or to make your code user configurable for show/no show).

Mark90

Those are drawing objects, you cannot hide them through settings. You have to remove them from your code.

I'm not using any code, I'm merely using the default built in objects in MC and was wanting to hide certain objects from certain time frames.

For example horizontal lines (SR's) / trend lines and rectangles that I draw on the M5 TF I would not want present on the daily TF - as of course viewing M5 TF objects on a higher TF is not overly useful and just creates a messy chart.

I would have thought this would be a simple built in option that would be useful for manual traders but I'm guessing it's not.

TJ

Re: Hiding Objects  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 21 Apr 2013

I'm not using any code, I'm merely using the default built in objects in MC and was wanting to hide certain objects from certain time frames.

For example horizontal lines (SR's) / trend lines and rectangles that I draw on the M5 TF I would not want present on the daily TF - as of course viewing M5 TF objects on a higher TF is not overly useful and just creates a messy chart.

I would have thought this would be a simple built in option that would be useful for manual traders but I'm guessing it's not.
The hand drawn objects will stay on the chart if the chart is of the same symbol.

If you want a daily chart at the same time, set up a new wsp with the daily chart on it, then you can switch between your m5 chart and your daily chart by clicking on the tab at the bottom of the screen.

Return to “MultiCharts”