Problems with Dataloader example  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
FB2013

Problems with Dataloader example

Postby FB2013 » 22 Apr 2013

Hello i am trying to write a multi time frame average indicator.

I am very happy that the DataLoader functionality is explained very detailed in the MC.Net Programming Guide. But i encountered some problems.

The used code part for determining the Data Range within the example produces an exception within VisualStudio Express Debuger saying SHE Exception.

Code: Select all

DataRequest _DataRequest = new DataRequest();
_DataRequest.RequestType = DataRequestType.BarsBack;
_DataRequest.Count = Bars.FullSymbolData.Count;
Request.Range = _DataRequest;
Request.QuoteField
Another problem i encounter right now is, when i use the following code for Data Range.

Request.Range = DataRequest.CreateBarsBack(DateTime.Now,100);
No Data is Delivered when i use it within the attached source code, which should create four averages on a tick chart using daily and 15 minute data as input.

Hope somebody has a good idea what i made wrong.
Attachments
FB_MultiAverage.pln
Erroneous code producing only a 19 bar daily data length
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 623 times

FB2013

Re: Problems with Dataloader example

Postby FB2013 » 22 Apr 2013

Please do not care about
the

CalcAverage();
PlotValues();
those are not yet implemented. And there still has to be done some logic when to calculate the average and how to plot the data.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Problems with Dataloader example

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Apr 2013

The used code part for determining the Data Range within the example produces an exception within VisualStudio Express Debuger saying SHE Exception.
Hello FB2013,

This issue has been confirmed. It will be fixed in the next version of MultiCharts .Net.
Another problem i encounter right now is, when i use the following code for Data Range. No Data is Delivered when i use it within the attached source code, which should create four averages on a tick chart using daily and 15 minute data as input.
The issue with BarsBack and DaysBack requests not returning data has been confirmed as well. As a workaround you can use FromTo request that works ok.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Problems with Dataloader example  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jun 2013

Another problem i encounter right now is, when i use the following code for Data Range. No Data is Delivered when i use it within the attached source code, which should create four averages on a tick chart using daily and 15 minute data as input.
This issue has been resolved in MultiCharts .NET 8.7 Beta 2.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”