entryprice reserved word in SA vs AA autotrading mode  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

entryprice reserved word in SA vs AA autotrading mode

Postby wilkinsw » 23 Apr 2013

Can I just check my assumption is true:

If in SA mode for autotrading will "entryprice", in a strategies code, return the actual filled price from the broker (with slippage etc) and NOT the theoretical stop/limit price assuming best fill?

If in AA mode will "entryprice" only refer to the best fill chart price?

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: entryprice reserved word in SA vs AA autotrading mode  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2013

Hello wilkinsw,

In SA mode "entryprice" returns the actual order fill price from the broker.
In AA mode "entryprice" returns average entry price calculated for the strategy on the chart.

orion

Re: entryprice reserved word in SA vs AA autotrading mode

Postby orion » 15 Feb 2015

In SA mode "entryprice" returns the actual order fill price from the broker.
In AA mode "entryprice" returns average entry price calculated for the strategy on the chart.
Henry, my understanding of what you are saying is that the value returned by the EntryPrice keyword in PL signal in AA mode is based on the simulated fill on the chart and may not have anything to do with the actual fill at the broker. Correct?

The above makes sense to me based on my understanding of how AA is supposed to work. But at same time, the response here seems to be contradictory since what is being said here is that the EntryPrice for the AT engine matches the order fill at the broker and is different from the EntryPrice on the chart. Can you please reconcile the two? Is it that what is being said is that the SetStopLoss() works with the price based on the real fill even though the EntryPrice keyword in PL code returns the price of the simulated fill?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: entryprice reserved word in SA vs AA autotrading mode

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Feb 2015

Henry, my understanding of what you are saying is that the value returned by the EntryPrice keyword in PL signal in AA mode is based on the simulated fill on the chart and may not have anything to do with the actual fill at the broker. Correct?
That is correct.
Is it that what is being said is that the SetStopLoss() works with the price based on the real fill even though the EntryPrice keyword in PL code returns the price of the simulated fill?
That's right.

Return to “MultiCharts”