Competitive platform

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
tradetree

Competitive platform

Postby tradetree » 29 Apr 2013

I am currently a сompetitive platform user and I'm evaluating MultiCharts.net to see if it is a better platform for my needs. I have searched and can find nothing regarding converting an existing set of software from сompetitive platform to multicharts. Does anyone have experience or advice on how best to do this? Note that I'm an advanced programmer and I'm already coding in C# for the platform I'm currently using, but to their API. I also need to be able to release strategies for execution on a brokers system without source code being revealed.

I will certainly be reviewing the API documentation for MC, but was wondering if there are conversion "cheat sheets" or comparisons of the two APIs?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Competitive platform

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Apr 2013

Hello tradetree,

There is no comparison info of the two platforms programming languages at the moment. You can be the first one to create and share it.

Interfaces and classes available in MultiCharts .Net are described in MC .Net help file (PowerLanguage .Net Editor->Help tab-> PowerLanguage .Net Help). You can also find the code examples in the source code of the prebuilt MultiCharts studies (PowerLanguage .Net Editor->File tab->Open).

We have just released the updated MultiCharts .NET guide that contains important and useful information not only for beginners but for experienced MC .Net users as well: Download guide

>>>MC .NET FAQ<<< 
Make sure you are running the latest 8.5 Release version of MultiCharts .Net to have the latest improvements: download page.

tradetree

Postby tradetree » 30 Apr 2013

Ok, well thanks for the pointers. I doubt I'm the first to switch from another platform based on .NET and C#, but if that is the case then I'll have to be the pioneer. I'll be happy to share my findings when ready.

FB2013

Postby FB2013 » 30 Apr 2013

Indeed i think,
it would be a nice feature to have converters for several languages.
Especially the very related easylanguage would be a first target, because of it's close
relationship to Multicharts.Net. Honestly i do not understand why such a converter is not offered by Mutlicharts. I guess a lot of people would pay for that feature.
Other converters could maybe provided by third party programmers as addons.
I think many programmers would be happy if you (tradertree) are writing a converter, which could be purchased by others to import code from that platform you mentioned to MC .Net.

Best regards
FB

tradetree

Postby tradetree » 30 Apr 2013

It would be great for many people, and indeed MC to have such a converter from easylanguage etc, however I think easylanguage is actually too far removed from MC .Net. The platform I am currently on is based on C#. So the translation from that platform to MC is much less intensive. I will keep in mind your idea as I go through the process and consider how much could be automated.

Indeed i think,
it would be a nice feature to have converters for several languages.
Especially the very related easylanguage would be a first target, because of it's close
relationship to Multicharts.Net. Honestly i do not understand why such a converter is not offered by Mutlicharts. I guess a lot of people would pay for that feature.
Other converters could maybe provided by third party programmers as addons.
I think many programmers would be happy if you (tradertree) are writing a converter, which could be purchased by others to import code from that platform you mentioned to MC .Net.

Best regards
FB

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”