Buy at market NOW!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
anders321

Buy at market NOW!

Postby anders321 » 01 May 2013

Hi,

I'm new to MultiCharts and Easy/PowerLanguage and I have been trying to set up an automated trading strategy. I've managed to program the code for my signal and it works just fine (I think), but the thing is that I want to use my code on daily bars and the only ways that I can figure out how to execute a buy order are "this bar at close" and "next bar on open". However, I would like to be able to execute a market order during a day and at the very best the second that the criteria for my signal are fulfilled. Is this possible and if so how?

I'm thinking that this should be pretty standard, but I simply can't figure it out :/

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Buy at market NOW!

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2013

Hello anders321,

Next bar orders can be sent to the broker upon next tick after the signal generation tick in Intra-Bar Order Generation mode. That is possible to send Market and Price Next bar orders.

Please refer to How_Signals_are_Calculated article to learn how the calculation and order execution are done in this mode.

anders321

Re: Buy at market NOW!

Postby anders321 » 01 May 2013

Thank you, I had already tried this, but only with the "buy this bar at close" command for triggering the order... Changing that to "Buy next bar on market" solved the problem :-)

Return to “MultiCharts”