Export chart indicator values to EXCEL

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Export chart indicator values to EXCEL

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2006

I would like to export chart indicator values to Excel in real time. For example the values of MACD, RSI, etc. as they update in the chart. Can you help?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 14 Aug 2006

There is no intrgrated functionality to send indicator values through DDE - if necessary, you can try looking up or writing a custom .dll that will do it
Last edited by Alex Kramer on 14 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Chris

Postby Chris » 14 Aug 2006

This might work in MC, too:

http://www.traderssoft.com/sys/tsl/

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2006

Alex and Chris,

Very dissappointed! :(

So, do I have to pay on top of the $400 for the price of Multicharts another 135 euros for an utility from a third party (as Chris suggests) in order to introduce to Multicharts a basic reporting output and communication with the rest of the world?

Am I missing something here?

If you don't have a means to report the output of your studies how do you trade guys? Glued to a chart all day? Nowadays, with half the money of MC you can buy full charting programs !

IMHO, MC must provide for FREE and immediately a minimum form of reporting which is a connectivity with EXCEL. Otherwise does not make sense for me.

JG

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 14 Aug 2006

In a couple weeks MultiCharts will cost thrice as much as soon it will be a tool for truly professional traders that don’t emphasize on one-time prices.

The functionality mentioned here is not integrated and I don’t know why it needs to be – MultiCharts has integrated alerts, output to text file and can use any .dll’s. Also, we’re working on a market scanner that will include most features of Excel.

Chris

Postby Chris » 14 Aug 2006

Alex and Chris,

Very dissappointed! :(

So, do I have to pay on top of the $400 for the price of Multicharts another 135 euros for an utility from a third party (as Chris suggests) in order to introduce to Multicharts a basic reporting output and communication with the rest of the world?

Am I missing something here?

If you don't have a means to report the output of your studies how do you trade guys? Glued to a chart all day? Nowadays, with half the money of MC you can buy full charting programs !

IMHO, MC must provide for FREE and immediately a minimum form of reporting which is a connectivity with EXCEL. Otherwise does not make sense for me.

JG
Why bother with using a charting software when you can access the data feed directly with Excel? You can calculate your indicators directly in Excel and I bet there are interfaces to send orders automatically from Excel. So I really don't understand why you would send your data first to a chart platform, work with it there and after that send it to Excel, which is just a waste of performance in my eyes.

This is probably one reason why TS Support has not integrated this feature.

Compare the price and the features of MC to the so called "industry standard" TS :roll: (which can't communicate directly with Excel too) and MC will win the race most of the time. Once backtesting and optimizing is fully integrated - hasta la vista TS :D .

Surely this has it's price - you won't find a state-of-the-art Ferrari for the price of a Volkswagen (although the current deal comes really close :wink: ).

Just my two cents,

Chris

Return to “MultiCharts”