New user, a couple of questions  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
candy7man

New user, a couple of questions

Postby candy7man » 22 May 2013

Hello,

I been testing MultiCharts to replace my current interface program into IB. Looking good so far, however I did run into a couple issues that I am not sure if they are limitations of MC or just my lack on knowledge. Hopefully someone here can give me some guidance. As reference I do a mix of day trading and swing trading.

1. Chart Trader - I see the current predefined exit strategies. Is there a way to define my own? I want to create a exit strategy similar to bracket but have the profit and stop loss be automatically calculated based on the stocks ATR.

2. Scanner window - when deleting symbols, the empty row remains when using groups. This causes unnecessary work to manually have to delete the empty rows between gaps. Is this a bug? Why can't it collapse the groups so that there are no gaps?

3. DOM window - anyway to link the dom window to a scanner window. Hence if I select SPY on the scanner to have the DOM load up the symbol automatically?

4. Is there any support for level 2 and time and sales? I could not find this.

5. Order and position tracker - when looking at the current open positions, is there a way to link this window so that if I select a position in MSFT that is loaded on the respective color (linked) chart? Currently I have to manually add the symbols to a scanner window to look at the charts. Seems to me this would be a very basic functionality to expect and is quite tedious to maintain.

Great platform and thanks in advance.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: New user, a couple of questions

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 22 May 2013

Hello Candy7man,
1. Chart Trader - I see the current predefined exit strategies. Is there a way to define my own? I want to create a exit strategy similar to bracket but have the profit and stop loss be automatically calculated based on the stocks ATR.
Unfortunately not. The predefined Exit Strategies for manual trading cannot be changed or new added. You can only configure the existing ones.
2. Scanner window - when deleting symbols, the empty row remains when using groups. This causes unnecessary work to manually have to delete the empty rows between gaps. Is this a bug? Why can't it collapse the groups so that there are no gaps?
This is expected behavior for Market Scanner window. Please leave us a feature request.
3. DOM window - anyway to link the dom window to a scanner window. Hence if I select SPY on the scanner to have the DOM load up the symbol automatically?
Unfortunately it is not possible. DOM cannot be linked to anything else because DOM by its design in MC depends on broker connection, while charts and scanner windows work with data sources only.
4. Is there any support for level 2 and time and sales? I could not find this.
The Time and Sales window is available since MultiCharts 8.7 beta 1.
5. Order and position tracker - when looking at the current open positions, is there a way to link this window so that if I select a position in MSFT that is loaded on the respective color (linked) chart? Currently I have to manually add the symbols to a scanner window to look at the charts. Seems to me this would be a very basic functionality to expect and is quite tedious to maintain.
A similar feature is in plans for one of future versions of MultiCharts, but it is only for Strategy Positions. Please leave us a feature request.

candy7man

Postby candy7man » 25 May 2013

Thanks for the answers.

One last question, when using drag and drop in chart trader with the limit order icon, I always get a "buy" order, how do you make it do a "sell" order? For the life of me I could not figure this out.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 25 May 2013

Thanks for the answers.

One last question, when using drag and drop in chart trader with the limit order icon, I always get a "buy" order, how do you make it do a "sell" order? For the life of me I could not figure this out.
For a buy order, drag the limit icon Below the current price, for a sellshort order, drag it Above current price..

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 28 May 2013

For a buy order, drag the limit icon Below the current price, for a sellshort order, drag it Above current price.
*Below current ask price, to be precise; or current trade price if you don't have ask data or symbol mapping is not set up.

candy7man

Re: New user, a couple of questions  [SOLVED]

Postby candy7man » 28 May 2013

Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”