Massive MEMORY use with 2 charts, 1 DOM and live with Pats

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

Massive MEMORY use with 2 charts, 1 DOM and live with Pats

Postby wilkinsw » 22 May 2013

Hi,

I've just gone live and am auto-trading with Patsystems.

I seem to be using over the top amounts of memory (please see attached) and was wondering whether this is a known issue or if I have my settings wrong.

I use MC64 version 8.5 Build 6851.

I have 2 charts open:
1) 60min, 7 years, @EU#c from IQ feed, 3 signals applied with 1 "on" with 1 min bar magnifier, Auto-trading "OFF". 1 study that writes marketposition to a global variable intra-bar.

2)60min, 2 years, @EU#c, 4 signals applied: 1 "off", 2 alerts that calculate intrabar, 1 "on" that is autotrading (NO IOG) in SA mode through Patsytems. 1 study that reads the global variable (from above) intrabar and writes the marketposition of this chart to a global variable intrabar. 1 study that reads one global variable intrabar (marketposition from chart 1).

3)Trading DOM for Euro FX-Jun13 (Patsystems).

Quote manager, I have set to collect real time data from the EURO FX-Jun 13 feed. However I don't have quote manager running.

Does anything in the above make the memory usage of my computer reasonable?

Many thanks!
Attachments
MC high memory usage.doc
Task manager screenshot
(201 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Massive MEMORY use with 2 charts, 1 DOM and live with Pa

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 May 2013

Hello wilkinsw,

1) Do you have this amount of memory utilized by MultiCharts64.exe once you start MultiCharts and all data is backfilled or after running it for some time (how long)?
2) Have you used any previous version of MultiCharts before? What was the memory usage on this version with the same setup? Which version was it?
3) Please send me (support@multicharts.com) your workspace and (if possible) the studies you are using on the workspace you are providing (Power Language editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions) for further analysis.

Return to “MultiCharts”