Restarting Auto trading in SA mode

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

Restarting Auto trading in SA mode

Postby wilkinsw » 22 May 2013

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how they would maintain their auto strategy's position if in SA mode and you need to temporarily switch the strategy off?

Say I'm long at 1.2922 in Euro Fx with signal generated stops and targets in place. If I turn off the strategy, cancel orders (is this right?), do NOT close position, then how do I turn SA mode back on without the absence of stops and targets? If I don't cancel the orders when turning the strategy off, what happens to these orders when I turn the strategy back on: Will they be maintained as calculated by the strategy? Will they be in surplus of new stops and targets generated next bar. Or are they simply replaced on the next bar calculation?

When I carried out the above I found the solution was to switch to AA mode then switch back to SA mode once flat. Any other ideas?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Restarting Auto trading in SA mode

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 May 2013

Hello wilkinsw,

Please refer to this post to get the detailed description of this situation and to learn how to address it.
Say I'm long at 1.2922 in Euro Fx with signal generated stops and targets in place. If I turn off the strategy, cancel orders (is this right?), do NOT close position, then how do I turn SA mode back on without the absence of stops and targets?
If the conditions for generating stops and targets are met when you turn on the auto trading and assign the position to it-the orders will be sent to the broker.
If I don't cancel the orders when turning the strategy off, what happens to these orders when I turn the strategy back on
There is no way how you can tell the strategy about the active price orders at the broker. If you do not cancel the orders, turn on the auto trading, your strategy generates the orders->you have two set of active stops and targets at broker.
The orders that were not cancelled when the automated order execution has been turned off will no longer be monitored by the strategy and will live their own life.

Return to “MultiCharts”